What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Balboa spa pack won't heat.  (Read 1701 times)

harryc123

Balboa spa pack won't heat.
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:23:39 pm »
Good afternoon everyone! New to the forums here!
Last winter my spa breaker tripped and the water froze. I decided not to fix it until now. I had to change the majority of the plumbing due to cracking of course and now that it no longer leaks I decided to fire it up.
Everything seemed to be running fine with regards to the pumps, however the light indicating heat would not turn on nor would the tub heat at all. I tested the coil which indicates about 10 ohms. The problem seems to be that there is no power getting to the heater coil at all. All readings indicate 0 volts instead of 240.
I looked for a high limit switch only to find a sensor on the heater pack itself which looks exactly like a typical temperature sensor And simply pulls out. I'm not sure what to do at this point or what to test next. I would appreciate any help!
My tub is a very old thermospa. The spa pack is a balboa with a date of 1999 on it. I could not find a model number. The heater was changed in 2006. I'm hoping that I overlooked something and the circuit board isn't fried.
Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Balboa spa pack won't heat.
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:23:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42