What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New hot tub shopper  (Read 6599 times)

bwspa

New hot tub shopper
« on: August 25, 2014, 12:42:01 pm »
Hi,

I found this forum while trying to find reviews and pricing on hot tubs, which seem to be a bit of a challenge.  So far, there seems to be some of the best info here that I've found. 

I'm looking for one due to an increase in back issues as well as just relaxing.  So far I have looked at a Jacuzzi J365/J355, both of which I have sat in dry.  I'm unsure of the lounger as it seemed a tad snug on my hips.  The things that interested me in this model vs the other brands he had in store (Viking, Sundance, ECCO) is the UV filter (ClearRay), 24hr circ. pump, full insulation, the jets seemed very nice to the touch on a filled tub, and the 38" depth fit me pretty well (I'm 6'2").

I'm seeing crazy prices on the tags vs. the usual "ends in a week" sale prices.  I guess I'm curious if $8250+ tax (including cover lifter, steps, startup chems, delivery into the desired area) is a high/low or about right for this model.  That would be a "financed price"; whereas cash would be $7600 + tax.  Also, neither would have stereo option at that price as I don't need it.  For reference, I'm in Northern Indiana.

Also, I am wanting to go look at Bullfrog and Marquis, but unsure what tub would be comparable to the J365/355 in terms of features and price.  Any recommendations?

Thanks for any feedback :)

Hot Tub Forum

New hot tub shopper
« on: August 25, 2014, 12:42:01 pm »

Trifecta

Re: New hot tub shopper
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:20:02 pm »
Great price! I am 3 months in with the J365 and loving every minute of it!

Good Luck and happy shopping!

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 08:09:44 pm »
That price is very much in line with what I'd get here in Florida.  FWIW, it seems the prices I see here are lower than what others typically get quoted on this forum so I'd take it as being a good deal.

Pholly

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 08:53:26 pm »
WOW! That is a great price. I have been to two Jacuzzi dealers and been quoted on the J355. One dealer quoted $9,950 with cover, lifter, steps, chemicals, delivery and setup. This price does not include tax. The second dealer quoted $9,174 which includes all the same as above, but this price does include tax.

Seeing your quote, I feel like both of my dealers are on the high side. And I'm paying cash in full.

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 09:10:12 pm »
Just looked back to see a post I made on July 19th.  J-355 with a sale price of $8,370 before tax at my local store.

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 03:12:37 am »
You might check out the Marquis Epic, Euphoria, or Reward models.  Those all usually do well for taller people.  The overall height of the tub doesn't necessarily mean it's deeper. The Marquis models will be 35" tall, but still sit deep in some seats.  Good luck in your search.

bwspa

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 06:21:29 pm »
Would the Marquis Euphoria be similar priced as a J365?  I haven't looked at one yet but have looked at the Bullfrog R7, which is comparable price wise (cheaper actually).

Pholly

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 12:30:39 pm »
Here is what I've learned as a newbie. Hot Tub dealers have very different prices depending on where you are located. So comparing prices with others on this forum simply does not work. You can't go online and compare dealerships, or see list prices with options like you would if you were shopping for an automobile. In fact, you can't even find MSRP prices for hot tubs anywhere. So you need to actually go to each dealer, do wet tests, get quotes and a list of options. Do your own comparison between your dealers. You can use another dealers quote as a bargaining tool.

But in the end, you need to pick the hot tub that was the most comfortable and the dealer that you feel most comfortable with. You won't use your hot tub if you didn't get one that was comfortable to you. And the only way to know for sure is to wet test. You will have to continue to so business with your dealer after your purchase for maintenance and warranty issues. So you need to make sure you like and trust your dealer.

I decided to go with the Jacuzzi J375 after wet testing several brands and models. I only have two Jacuzzi dealers in my area and neither were very flexible on their prices. One dealer was considerably lower than the other, but he did not allow me to wet test. And when I asked questions about who repairs the tub when something goes wrong, I didn't really get a straight answer.

The higher dealer not only allowed me to wet test, but brought in models I requested to wet tests and filled them and had them ready for me to wet test in a matter of days. He also was very clear about servicing and repairing the hot tub after the sale. I really felt like he would be there for us when we needed him. So in the end, I paid the higher price and bought from the more knowledgeable and more accommodating dealer. He did end up coming within a few hundred dollars of the other dealers price, but he did not meet it.

I definitely think there is more to consider than just price point when purchasing a hot tub. I hope this helps.

Quickbeam

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 01:40:24 pm »
Here is what I've learned as a newbie. Hot Tub dealers have very different prices depending on where you are located. So comparing prices with others on this forum simply does not work. You can't go online and compare dealerships, or see list prices with options like you would if you were shopping for an automobile. In fact, you can't even find MSRP prices for hot tubs anywhere. So you need to actually go to each dealer, do wet tests, get quotes and a list of options. Do your own comparison between your dealers. You can use another dealers quote as a bargaining tool.

But in the end, you need to pick the hot tub that was the most comfortable and the dealer that you feel most comfortable with. You won't use your hot tub if you didn't get one that was comfortable to you. And the only way to know for sure is to wet test. You will have to continue to so business with your dealer after your purchase for maintenance and warranty issues. So you need to make sure you like and trust your dealer.

I decided to go with the Jacuzzi J375 after wet testing several brands and models. I only have two Jacuzzi dealers in my area and neither were very flexible on their prices. One dealer was considerably lower than the other, but he did not allow me to wet test. And when I asked questions about who repairs the tub when something goes wrong, I didn't really get a straight answer.

The higher dealer not only allowed me to wet test, but brought in models I requested to wet tests and filled them and had them ready for me to wet test in a matter of days. He also was very clear about servicing and repairing the hot tub after the sale. I really felt like he would be there for us when we needed him. So in the end, I paid the higher price and bought from the more knowledgeable and more accommodating dealer. He did end up coming within a few hundred dollars of the other dealers price, but he did not meet it.

I definitely think there is more to consider than just price point when purchasing a hot tub. I hope this helps.

One of the best posts I've seen on this forum in a long time. Some very, very good advice here!

bwspa

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 12:03:55 am »
Finally got to the marquis dealer and in a dry test, I was really comfortable in the E660.  Going to go back for a wet test soon.  Anyone familiar with this model?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 12:03:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42