What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-270 with FL1 code  (Read 6322 times)

flyfisher

Jacuzzi J-270 with FL1 code
« on: October 16, 2014, 02:00:02 pm »
Good afternoon,
   My wife and I purchased a 5 year old Jacuzzi J270 last week.  When we filled it up, we noticed that it had an FL1 code.  I've read through the manual, removed the filter, changed the filter, forced water down the intake hole, still getting the code.  Called a spa place who said it was my circulating pump or the board OMG.  The two most expensive things on the list.  So, I went home last night, took out the filter, turned the power on and let it run.  It ran for almost an hour before the code came on.  I had it running on low on pump 1 and everything seemed great.  However when it switched to high on pump 1, that's when the FL1 code came up.  I had the heater turned down so I could eliminate that as a problem.  Will test it again tonight.  Any thoughts?  I've heard you can adjust some type of pressure switch. 
Thanks for the help
Mark

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-270 with FL1 code
« on: October 16, 2014, 02:00:02 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi J-270 with FL1 code
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 04:02:11 pm »
   Sounds more like a bad pressure switch, not really adjustable.  Does it have a small circ pump?  They were optional a few years back, if so it might be a flow switch.  By what your saying it sounds like it doesn't?

Also with pmp 1 running was the heat indicator light on? 

flyfisher

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 04:14:24 pm »
I don't believe mine has a small circ pump.  I see 2 similar size pumps (one for #1 on the display and the other for #2).  Last night during my test, I turned the heat down as low as it would go so I would limit what I was testing.  Here is what I did
8:41  turn power on, Heater turned off, Filter removed, Pump 2 off, Pump 1 on low. 
9:01 pump 1 still run on low. 
9:13 pump 1 moves to high
9:30 pump 1 cuts off, FL1 code shows on display. 

I thought I read where the pressure switch was adjustable.  Honestly don't know where mine is. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 07:27:36 pm »
I don't believe mine has a small circ pump.  I see 2 similar size pumps (one for #1 on the display and the other for #2).  Last night during my test, I turned the heat down as low as it would go so I would limit what I was testing.  Here is what I did
8:41  turn power on, Heater turned off, Filter removed, Pump 2 off, Pump 1 on low. 
9:01 pump 1 still run on low. 
9:13 pump 1 moves to high
9:30 pump 1 cuts off, FL1 code shows on display. 

I thought I read where the pressure switch was adjustable.  Honestly don't know where mine is.

So if you kick pump one to high speed it shuts off completely or reverts back to low speed?  Try this.    Remove the filter turn the spa on, and set the temp at 104 pump should come on, heat indicator light (red) should be on.  Leave the filter out.     If it goes into a flow error and the pump is still running on low, it might be a bad pressure switch or board.  The pressure switch is on the stainless heater tube.  You can try adjusting it with a screw driver, might work. 

Now if you kick pump one on high and it shouts down it's probably a pump/capacitor issue. 

This is a pressure switch

http://www.backyardpoolsuperstore.com/product.asp?itemid=16503&cvsfa=4349&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3330323950&gclid=CMze-JepssECFWqCMgodPG4AVA
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:36:05 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

flyfisher

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 08:47:29 am »
Thanks for the help Jacuzzi Jim.  I will try that this weekend.  Here is what I tried last night. 
6:00 Turn pump 1 on low, filter out, heater off. 
6:30 pump 1 still running on low. 
6:48 same
7:01 Turn pump 1 on high, turn heater up to 95 deg, heater comes on.  I noticed that pump 1 is hot to the touch.  212 deg.  I don't think it had anything to do with the heater b/c I noticed that it seemed hot the other day without the heater on so it must have already been hot.
7:09 FL1 code. 

An electrician friend of mine things it could be deadheading (something caught in the pump which is blocking the flow). 
Could it still be the pressure switch? 
Thanks again for all of your help.
Mark

flyfisher

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 08:49:53 am »
When I kick the pump into high, it then gives me the FL1 code and completely shuts down. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 08:49:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42