What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Maxxus vs. Artic Spas KodiakSE  (Read 83573 times)

anne

Re: Sundance Maxxus vs. Artic Spas KodiakSE
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2006, 07:31:46 pm »
OMG, that is so obvious to me now. My apologies to both Tigger and Hobbes for the mix up.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2006, 07:31:46 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2006, 08:23:55 am »

Now I don't know this Tman122 from Adam and I haven't been here long enough to "learn" him, nor would I want to, but when he makes a statement about keeping 400 gallons of water hot on a 0 degree night with nothing more than a 75 watt bulb without anyone questioning the absurdity of that comment, well I don't get it.
][/quote]

I said nothing about heating 400 gallons of water. I said "I can completely eliminate heater use bewteen filter cycles" The vessel water actualy drops 2-3 degrees between filter cycles. The key is to keep the equipment area from freezing or getting below the set point for freeze protection. If your filtering for 4 hours twice per day then you have an 8 hour stretch after a filter cycle that you have to maintain the temp inside of the cabinet equipment area.

I guess if you consider it absurd then it must be!! But maybe you get it now so just maybe it's not quite as absurd.

And I feel the same way about you. Why would I want to learn someone with such a closed mind. You don't seem to have anything to offer.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 08:27:06 am by Tman122 »
Retired

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2006, 12:01:42 pm »
Last year Bosco and I did a "study" on our tubs. Not a competative thing but I needed a water change and turned down the heater and was reporting about my heat loss. Bosco jumped in with I'll try that too. He had his tub filtering the way it always did and I had my circ pump running.

In the 2 1/2 days that I had turned down the temp, my tub lost about 16 degrees. In the same time Bosco's tub kept it's temp ... we both started at 102 if I remember correctly.

I was impressed that my tub only lost that much temp in 20 and 30 air temps. I was more impressed that Bosco's tub maintained it's temp, he's more north of me so I would think it was at least as cold if not colder.

I have to say based on Bosco's findings that I would consider looking at a Arctic if I ever decide to purchase another tub ... that is assuming that there would be a dealer close by, when I bought my tub there wasn't.

That's my 0.02

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2006, 07:30:22 am »
I almost forgot about that expierement las year.  I wonder if we can find the post or would it be deleted now???

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2009, 01:02:58 pm »
Hmm.  More poetry.

No more poetry, he is gone.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

zulueta69

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2011, 08:05:21 am »
I own a Sundance Maxxus.  I absolutely LOVE the tub.  I feel it is very well made and pretty dang efficient.  In fact we did not notice a single difference in our utility cost after we went on-line.  Now regarding insulation I would have to go with the full foam.  Being from ND I can really relate to being well insulated.  Good Luck!

Yeah agree.. Sundance Maxxus is good. I like it...

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2014, 01:52:35 pm »
I just read through this whole thread..
Just wanted to say that I am extremely happy with the Artic Klondiker I purchased in 3/2014.   
If anyone is interested, I have posted some pictures of my tub, in the area dedicated to such things.
Good hot tubing to everyone!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2014, 01:52:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42