What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Trimmed Out the Jacuzzi w/ Mini Bar  (Read 4621 times)

Topline Mike

Trimmed Out the Jacuzzi w/ Mini Bar
« on: August 10, 2014, 09:35:52 pm »
I finally finished trimming out my Jacuzzi J375.  I set my tub on an elevated treated deck because of frost issues last Spring.  I then framed out a mini bar on the console side of the tub.  Many hours of trimming out the deck with a product from Menards called an over-deck, I finally finished the project.  Very happy with how it turned out, and the little bar works great for setting miscellaneous items on.  I have the bottom trim piece to put on yet to finish it off completely.  I also added 4" of insulation under the tub for added efficiency. 

Hot Tub Forum

Trimmed Out the Jacuzzi w/ Mini Bar
« on: August 10, 2014, 09:35:52 pm »

Budule

Re: Trimmed Out the Jacuzzi w/ Mini Bar
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 09:42:03 pm »
That's pretty sweet , is that wood or synthetic like the tub panels ?.......my 375 should leave the factory on Wednesday so im getting close myself........I want to do something like that on the sides , and maybe steps all the way across  the front ......

Topline Mike

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:49:03 pm »
Budule, that's a man-made product like trex decking.  Not cheap, but it looks very nice. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 07:34:47 am »
Thanks for sharing, Should make for a good BBQ day.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 09:51:52 am »
 Looks nice!   But you will have to replace the framing at some point down the road, doesn't look like it's treated? Also is that a wood burning furnace in the background?

Topline Mike

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 04:21:16 pm »
I used treated wood, Jim.  I also used the lumber as concrete forms a while ago, so it might not look like they are treated. 

Yes, that is a wood boiler in the background.  Central Boiler is the manufacturer.  I heat the house, garage, and my shop with it.  I could heat the hot tub with it, but when it get's 20 below zero, I have a hard enough time keeping the house and shop warm. 

kitchener

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 05:55:21 pm »
Great set-up, Mike.  Begging to be soaked in, and a great view, too.  Something tells me that wasn't going to be a straight Pepsi when the glass was full.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 05:55:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42