What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Mistake on a Grandee scale.  (Read 39358 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Mistake on a Grandee scale.
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2015, 11:28:00 pm »
 99.9% of the time the dealer should take care of the customer before it gets to the manufacturer.   If the dealer cannot, then it's up to the manufacturer.   HS builds a great spa!   I would not hesitate to buy one if it fit my needs.

I probably could have sold icenogel a spa, but I was up front that if I cannot service it if needed I don't want to sell it to him.  And not to mention he is in another dealers territory and I didn't want to step on their toes.

Gotta be 100 times by now that I have said it, a great dealer is what drives the product and is the  ambassador of the brand and company he represents.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2015, 11:28:00 pm »

icenogle

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2015, 11:40:30 pm »
Jacuzzi Jim is 100% correct I was in the mood to buy a hot tub.  I was willing to drive north to his place of business a little less than two hours away.  He suggested I buy from a dealer closer to my house, for the reasons he noted.  Two visits later, less than 2 hours total time I bought a Jacuzzi.  It could have been from Jim.  I appreciate his good business practice.

I agree the dealer should be the first to be given the opportunity to correct this situation, but they have not and neither has Hotspring since 2013.  How it should be corrected I don't know.  Hotspring should figure that out.

Proudly Made in America should mean something or maybe just sold by an American company?

NZArtist

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2015, 05:06:09 pm »
Yes, this all probably stems from New Zealand regulations about what can be called a 'portable spa', and is therefore subject to less safety regulation.
And so how is this the manufacturers responsibility???
That isn't. Selling a product fit for purpose is. And I'm not saying that's the reason their spas are so bad - it was idle speculation. It doesn't explain the leaking pumps, useless ACE system, the bad support. It only possibly explains the woefully underpowered heater. I mean, it doesn't even explain that. My kettle has twice the heating capacity of this spa.
They're a company. They exist to maximize profit. If they can cut regulatory corners and supplier liabilities by claiming it's a 'portable spa' then that's what they'll do.

kporter

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2015, 05:26:56 pm »
Have you phoned Hotspring Spas? Or do you just rant and rave on message boards about the problems in your life?
Any issue small or large Hotsprings has taken seriously and dealt with it head on in my experience.
Clearly your dealer is largely to blame with the pains you are experiencing.
Do problems happen with NEW GOOD QUALITY product? YES, yes certainly they do. It happens all the time but it all comes down to how it is handled.
Watkins will have an exact explanation for why you have a 1kw heater or whatever it is that is in there. I have never been in a situation where a potential client did not inquire as to the energy efficiency, heating ability etc of said hot tub. Every single time sale or no sale the customer has asked this question. Either the dealer lied to you so shame on them or you did not take the time realize what you were buying and why it was that way. Should one assume that a 'hot tub' should be hot and have the capability to provide consistent hot water? Obviously.

So infuriating reading your bashing. Somewhere someone in Hotsprings customer service is screaming... "please let me help you!" But you are clearly content ranting and raving about what a mistake you made.

Porter

NZArtist

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2015, 06:01:22 pm »
Have you phoned Hotspring Spas?
So infuriating reading your bashing. Somewhere someone in Hotsprings customer service is screaming... "please let me help you!" But you are clearly content ranting and raving about what a mistake you made.

Porter

Yes, I have.  Their responses are earlier in this thread.
I'm very sorry you're infuriated by my posting the problems with my spa.  You'd better have a bit of a lie-down.  It must be frustrating for you to be forced to read this.

orlando1

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2015, 10:13:45 pm »
Lol

Gibson00

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2015, 01:05:29 pm »
I'm new to the whole spa thing, currently shopping and reading other folks' reviews, etc.

Looking at HS, I'll agree, they seem way overpriced!  $22k?  What is it about them that make people pay up to twice as much as other high end brands?

Anyway, now that you are out of warranty, why don't you just go ahead and replace the ACE thing with the cheaper ozone, and get the stronger aftermarket heater and have an electrician hook you up?  Wouldn't that solve all the issues?
Sounds like you have nothing to lose, and you said you didn't mind spending some $$ to resolve the issues.  Either that, or cut your losses and sell it, and buy something that you'll be happier with?

Good luck, sounds like you haven't been treated well at all by your dealer.

NZArtist

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2015, 05:39:41 pm »
Anyway, now that you are out of warranty, why don't you just go ahead and replace the ACE thing with the cheaper ozone, and get the stronger aftermarket heater and have an electrician hook you up?  Wouldn't that solve all the issues?
Sounds like you have nothing to lose, and you said you didn't mind spending some $$ to resolve the issues.  Either that, or cut your losses and sell it, and buy something that you'll be happier with?

Good luck, sounds like you haven't been treated well at all by your dealer.
Thanks for your comment.
Yeah, now it's out of warranty I'm looking at ways to make it useable.
First after-market option is this:
http://www.controlomatic.com/SaltwaterLineup.pdf
Anyone have a comment about the quality of the ControloMatic chlorination products?
Cheers.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2015, 01:46:43 am »
Why don't you ditch the salt water systems and just go with the HS Freshwater III Coroana Discharge system using a dichlor as a sanitizer? This is a well established system for your spa. I think this would solve most of your problems. The 1KW heater is another problem that must be related your part of the world. In the US I believe they use a real 6KW heater for the Grandee or at they used to. 

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2015, 01:46:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42