What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bromine Maintenance  (Read 2467 times)

rayf01

Bromine Maintenance
« on: November 12, 2018, 01:27:49 pm »
I have been using Bromine. The twp part system to start, then I was using MSP every now and then to shock and also had a floater with bromine tablets.

1. Should you leave a floater in all the time when not using it, doesn't it just add to the bromine level in the hot tub and will it get to a point where the bromine level is so high you can't use it?

2. Should I person just use MSP on a regular basis?

3. When you use MSP either as a weekly maintenance or for shocking, should you take the cover off?

I've noticed lately that the hot tub has a very strong bromine smell, I think my bromine level got quite high, What is the way to bring it down, just by  leaving the cover off for awhile?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Bromine Maintenance
« on: November 12, 2018, 01:27:49 pm »

bradleyabell

Re: Bromine Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 03:47:02 pm »
I have been using Bromine. The twp part system to start, then I was using MSP every now and then to shock and also had a floater with bromine tablets.

1. Should you leave a floater in all the time when not using it, doesn't it just add to the bromine level in the hot tub and will it get to a point where the bromine level is so high you can't use it?

2. Should I person just use MSP on a regular basis?

3. When you use MSP either as a weekly maintenance or for shocking, should you take the cover off?

I've noticed lately that the hot tub has a very strong bromine smell, I think my bromine level got quite high, What is the way to bring it down, just by  leaving the cover off for awhile?

Thanks.

Hello.  I used a bromine floater and shock with dichlor or MPS. 

1. I never take out my floater, except to add and replace tablets.
2.You can use MPS and/or Dichlor.  I actually prefer dichlor
3. Yes, take the cover off for AT LEAST 15 minutes after shocking

let me know if you have any other questions!

gmdodt

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 03:57:50 pm »
Change the dial on the cartridge so that it just maintains a steady level of bromine and doesnt continually increase it. Setting 2 or 3 is probably what you would aim for. Depends on tub size.

bradleyabell

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 07:23:24 am »
Change the dial on the cartridge so that it just maintains a steady level of bromine and doesnt continually increase it. Setting 2 or 3 is probably what you would aim for. Depends on tub size.

Totally agree...I have mine set to 3, which is nearly perfect for my 450 gallon tub.  Took a while to dial that in.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 07:23:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42