What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which test kit?  (Read 2468 times)

Budule

Which test kit?
« on: July 25, 2014, 12:16:36 pm »
I keep reading on here about the "Taylor test kit" but when I went over there I was a little  "overwhelmed" by all the choices......

Hot Tub Forum

Which test kit?
« on: July 25, 2014, 12:16:36 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Which test kit?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:04:26 pm »
There are 2 test kits that people tend to get - K-2005 and K-2006. The first can read chlorine up to 5PPM the second can read much higher levels of chlorine. The first is drops only and the second uses a powder I believe in conjunction with drops for chlorine testing. I'm 95% sure that a chlorine kit can be used with bromine ... I have only used chlorine in both my spa and pool.

You can use the K-2005 test kit to measure higher levels of chlorine but you have to cut the spa water with water known not to have chlorine; I have done it and it works.

Topline Mike

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:00:19 pm »
If you are using chlorine to sanitize your tub, you should buy the K2006 kit.  If you are using bromine to sanitize your tub, you need the K2106 kit.  Both kits have tests for your pH level, total alkalinity, and calcium hardness (for balancing your water). and then a test for your sanitizer level. 

I bought my first kit (K2106) on amazon for around 50 bucks.  I have since switched to the dichlor/bleach method, and have bought more test solutions from amato industries.  As some of you know, I really enjoy testing my hot tub water.  I have piece of mind that my water is in balance, and my family won't be getting a rash from using the tub.  Crystal clear water is standard at my house, because I trust the test kit is giving me positive feedback. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:00:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42