What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cost for a Bullfrog R7L?  (Read 16704 times)

goodiegirl

Cost for a Bullfrog R7L?
« on: June 03, 2014, 06:58:48 pm »
Does anyone have some insight into the cost of the Bullfrog spas? specifically the R7 but if you know the A7 or A8 price, that's fine too.  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Cost for a Bullfrog R7L?
« on: June 03, 2014, 06:58:48 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Cost for a Bullfrog R7L?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:22:39 pm »
 You can go to there website and actually build your own spa, it will give you an idea of a general price most likely on the high side of what you would pay...   

goodiegirl

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 07:39:55 pm »
Thanks jim. Did that and was offered discount by a dealer but it still seemed a little high.  Just wondering if anyone has purchased recently.

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 07:46:07 pm »
I was heavily considering a R7 (not R7L) and the local price here in central FL was $8,995 including the steps, lift assist, delivery, setup, starter chems, etcetera.  That was with zero negotiation.  My target price for the R7 was $7500 but I didn't pursue it so I can't say what would have been.

However, I decided on a different spa (Sunrise S104) and that same Bullfrog dealer came down 10% off his "sale" price for it without much negotiation.  Sticker was supposedly $10,999 with a "sale" price of $7,995.  With very little work he offered it all inclusive at $7,200 but I wound up getting it for $6,500 at a different dealer which is primarily Jacuzzi.

Your mileage may very.  HTH

goodiegirl

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 10:02:40 pm »
Good to know. Thanks. How's the Sunrise?

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 10:35:18 pm »
Prices are the very hardest thing to find for hot tubs/spas...Wish I could be of more help.

mrmojo1111

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 10:58:00 pm »
Let me tell you, one thing I've learned during the course of my hot tub search, prices are all over the map! The cost depends on how much you are willing to spend versus how aggressive you are willing to be during negotiations. Often, the margins on these things are much higher than you would imagine, but they are predominantly luxury items that are fairly low volume.

As to your specific question, I've only priced out the A8, and have numbers ranging from 13K to 9K.

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 07:38:13 am »
Good to know. Thanks. How's the Sunrise?

Wet test was amazing, which is why we chose it, but we don't have it at home yet.  As I'm sure you've read, don't buy without testing.  I was heavily leaning to the R7 but didn't enjoy it when we tested.  All people are different and you may enjoy it very much.

Good luck with your search and pricing.

gdm783

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 09:43:04 pm »
I was quoted $11,000 for an A8.  What pricing are you seeing?

dunecritter

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 10:45:43 pm »
What one person paid vs what another person paid on the other side of the united states is and can be very much different...Dealers might have ordered 3 tubs and paid a premium on that spa to be shipped which has increased their individual cost and or maybe a full load giving them an advantage to do an inventory discount...This can be a lot of $$. If you are going to buy that spa...go in and bring your cash, check book, or card and whip it out...Write the check and attempt to give it to him, hand him your card and say lets make a deal! Worst he can say is no and you void the check on the spot.. This lets him know your not full of hot air and are ready and willing to buy and has cleared the air...So now its up to him to get as skinny as possible or you will walk leaving him to weep about his lost commissions. If you don't show that your serious and willing to buy he has no reason to get down and dirty. Why whip out a gun and point it if it has no bullets!
If your not ready to buy let him know and get a basic quote and don't bust it down...wait until you've decided to pull the trigger and get serious. I know I don't bend over backwards if their just shopping and I know their going to go elsewhere and kick the tires.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 10:45:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42