What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Price Check: Bullfrog R5L  (Read 15852 times)

munkifist

Price Check: Bullfrog R5L
« on: July 20, 2014, 08:00:45 pm »
Hello everyone!

I am looking to buy my first spa. The model I have my eye on is the Bullfrog R5L listed at 5600. It includes the cover, steps, and lift. I honestly just want to know what I should be paying for this model. I cannot find dealer cost or MSRP information anywhere!

Thank you for your help. :-)

Hot Tub Forum

Price Check: Bullfrog R5L
« on: July 20, 2014, 08:00:45 pm »

munkifist

Re: Price Check: Bullfrog R5L
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 02:01:33 pm »
Still looking for info on this. Thank you!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 03:14:01 pm »
 Were sitting at 5450.00 on the floor, so it's not that out of line..

munkifist

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 05:32:05 pm »
Were sitting at 5450.00 on the floor, so it's not that out of line..

Hi thanks for responding. I'm assuming you are a dealer then. If that's your list price then what SHOULD I be paying to feel like I'm getting a good deal?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 05:45:53 pm »
 Well if he is at that with the lift and what not he may wiggle down a bit.   At 5450.00 I might budge some but not much, maybe throw a lift in, or a second set of filters/step.    That being said every dealer has to make a buck so he might stick where he is.     Have you made an offer yet and cash does wonders as well.    It's a nice spa I will say that! 

kporter

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 06:02:18 pm »
I find it very interesting with the use of the word "feeling". Consumers are completely confused about getting a good deal and buying the right product for them.  How much should you pay to feel like you got a good deal? Are you happy with the dealers service thus far? Have they shown you everything you want to see and answered your questions to help you arrive at the spa you WANT to buy? Is a good deal buying something only when it is on sale or clearance or making a purchase you are proud of because of the quality of product and enjoyment you are going to be getting out of it? Do you feel like the dealer is asking too much for the hot tub? Jacuzzi Jim has provided you their stores retail price.  Are you getting delivery, water care package, cover lifter etc ? Perhaps that particular hot tub isn't what you personally are looking for.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 06:46:24 pm »
I find it very interesting with the use of the word "feeling". Consumers are completely confused about getting a good deal and buying the right product for them.  How much should you pay to feel like you got a good deal? Are you happy with the dealers service thus far? Have they shown you everything you want to see and answered your questions to help you arrive at the spa you WANT to buy? Is a good deal buying something only when it is on sale or clearance or making a purchase you are proud of because of the quality of product and enjoyment you are going to be getting out of it? Do you feel like the dealer is asking too much for the hot tub? Jacuzzi Jim has provided you their stores retail price.  Are you getting delivery, water care package, cover lifter etc ? Perhaps that particular hot tub isn't what you personally are looking for.

If he likes the spa and determines its right for him that doesn't mean he shouldn't then think about whether he can get a better deal. No one wants to leave money on the table and I think his question is valid plus when he asked the question  J-Jim hadn't said how much the spa was typically selling for in his store, he stated what the price tag is on the spa he has on his floor.

In reality the average spa shopper doesn't really know if the price he's being quoted is good, average, high, great, ok... He probably should just make a counter offer at this point and see where that gets him.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 07:19:41 pm »
 He can actually go to Bullfrogs website put in his info and build a spa and it will tell him what MSRP is.    I am not going to tell him what he "SHOULD" be paying because as we all know it can change across the board dealer to dealer.     If he bought it from us he would pay 5450.00 or maybe a bit less depending on what's getting thrown in.         

Ya know I re-read the reply's and find them somewhat offensive.    Maybe I should just tell him what our cost is so he can go slam the dealer  ::)  Go do some leg work with the dealer and see where you stand.   I mentioned what we have it listed for on the floor and I also mentioned it was a decent deal at 5600 for what he's getting.  150 bucks more than were asking should be a tell tale sign what he has to work with.   I think it's up to him to figure it out if it's a good deal and maybe talk with the dealer about wiggle room.      Good luck to ya! 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:41:41 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

munkifist

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 02:48:47 am »
Hello again. Look... I am not out to gouge the dealer. I understand he has to make a living as well. Joining this forum I thought it was a tool to keep dealers and consumers connected as well as providing information to would-be owners. Honestly, I would love to know the dealers cost on this particular model just so I know how close I can get to that number. Car consumers AND dealers both use NADA to find invoice costs of new vehicles, right? Well, why can't the same type of tool be applied to me shipping for a hot tub. Again, no illusions of paying dealer cost but I want to save money at the same time.

kporter

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 10:26:37 am »
I just see no reason for the consumer to need to see the dealers cost and decide how much the dealer should make on a particular hot tub. You have all the rights in the world to shop around and compare product, ask the dealer for a discount or incentive. Absolutely no reason why you should know their cost and think you can decide how close you can get to that. I am not attempting to be aggressive it is just ridiculous.

What do you do for a living? How about your boss takes off 12 % this year because he felt like you are being paid to much.....

Ask for a discount, compare models, do your homework, agree to a price, enjoy the hot tub.

I also agree this forum and other like tools should be a medium for dealers and consumers to communicate on behalf of both parties.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:31:03 am by kporter »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 11:38:59 am »
You want to now the dealers cost? Then shouldn't you also need to know all his expenses in order to determine what he needs to be selling it for in order to stay in business?

FYI, "dealer cost" on a car, or at least what the public is told, and for some reason believes, is a sham. There are hold backs and multiple incentives the manufacturers give dealers, making the final price they pay, frequently no where near what you think they paid. Seriously, do you think a car dealer can stay in business, having hundreds of cars in their possession,  on 100's of 1000's square foot lots, with fancy showrooms and such, making only a couple hundred $ on a car they sell?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 12:58:07 pm »
You want to now the dealers cost? Then shouldn't you also need to know all his expenses in order to determine what he needs to be selling it for in order to stay in business?

FYI, "dealer cost" on a car, or at least what the public is told, and for some reason believes, is a sham. There are hold backs and multiple incentives the manufacturers give dealers, making the final price they pay, frequently no where near what you think they paid. Seriously, do you think a car dealer can stay in business, having hundreds of cars in their possession,  on 100's of 1000's square foot lots, with fancy showrooms and such, making only a couple hundred $ on a car they sell?

I totally agree, the last car I bought they tried to tell me they were selling it at $100 over invoice as if I'm stupid enough to believe that fluffed up invoice number.

If you want to state the price you're quoted on a spa and ask consumers and dealers here how good that price sounds that's fine but when you start wanting to know what your dealer paid then eyes start rolling. As Doc says that number wouldn't mean anything anyway unless you did a compete audit of his business to see what all his costs are to know how that equates to what price you could expect in the first place.

Just counter the price you're given and see if the dealer budges. If he doesn't then you're probably where you need to be.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 02:28:44 pm »
I think that is a good price and you should jump on it.  I think Jim is priced a little lower than most dealers would be on that model.  Our price is definitely higher, but we are including ozone, an upgraded starter kit, delivery and steps.  To the OP, that is a good deal.  I would feel good about getting that spa at that price.  Plus, it's an awesome little spa.  The exact one that I plan to purchase.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 02:28:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42