What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J470 LED lights starting to go  (Read 3225 times)

mrpenguin

J470 LED lights starting to go
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:54:59 am »
Ok, so I have my 470.  Installed May 1, 2014.  I had a kink in the line for the one jet, great service tech came out and fixed it.  Took some time to get them there from the dealer, but I really was not pushing the issue.

Recently, the LED light system has started to go.   First we noticed 1/2 of the right waterfall lights stopped giving the green.  Few days/week later, one cupholder lost 1 red LED.  Next the other half of that right waterfall light is missing blue.  Then, the next cupholder lost a red.  Then the first cupholder lost all red at times.   Finally, last night, a 3rd cupholder acted up losing a green.  Sometimes everything works.  Lately though, the waterfall has yet to work right for a few days now.

Each cupholder has 6 LEDs, 2 of each color.   Until last night, all issues were on the right side.  Now one on the left is acting up.

I really am worried about the longevity of this tub with the quality control and now this issue.   I sent the dealer photos and info on the waterfall and 2 cupholders last week and I'm waiting for a reply.  I offered to test whatever they'd like to limit the repair tech's time. 

I did swap the connectors in the main box, and the problem stayed on the same side.  So I am pretty sure either the light device is bad or the distribution block is bad.   I did also make sure all cables were fully pressed in.  I see they only use standard svhs cable connections (or so it looks).

Either way, within 3 months I had 3 light devices go.  Plus the kink in the hose.  Wonder what else will go on this thing.  Built on the wrong day I guess.  Feels like a money pit in the making.

Hot Tub Forum

J470 LED lights starting to go
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:54:59 am »

Budule

Re: J470 LED lights starting to go
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 01:09:16 pm »
Everything on it has a 5 year warranty I think.....I wouldn't do ANY work or testing on it , call them and have them worry about it.......Im about 2 weeks away (I hope ) from my J375 being delivered and hope I have better luck , but the dealer is close and a great guy so im sure any issues will be resolved.......

Hot Tub Forum

Re: J470 LED lights starting to go
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 01:09:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42