What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does Marquis Microsilk work?  (Read 35275 times)

clover

Re: Does Marquis Microsilk work?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 11:39:56 am »
....The idea is to have the small bubbles stay in the water and you to be immersed in them.  If you like using jets, then that's not compatible with this system, at least not at the same time.
When you activate the microsilk system, you will see the water literally changing to milky white bubbles being injected which are the multiplied numbers of micro bubbles of oxygyn.  To sit and soak in this water is the objective producing the benefit.  When you turn the jets on the movement of the water through the filter system disappates the micro bubbles within  2 minutes to reverting back to sparkling clean and crystal clear water from the "milky water".  Dual function, so to speak.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 11:39:56 am »

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014, 02:10:15 pm »
There's another thread on here which discusses it a bit more.  I was heavily considering it until I learned the cost. Pretty much a $1,000 upgrade.

More then that, closer to a $2000 upgrade

You are correct.  I was quoted $2,000 not $1,000 on my Sunrise S104.

Chartreux

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 09:27:56 pm »
I was at a Dealer today, they had a brand new Marqis Spirit with the microsilk tech on it, said about $10,000. It's a dual pool/spa place and I did ask if the microsilk would work with the jets on and they said "Yes", so the price seemed high and they didn't seem to know much about the Marquis spas. I did like the fit for my husband, might be a little deep for me. They also didn't have any pumps to pump out the water and they said people usually leave about 3 to 4 inches of water in it when they drain the spas, I was like what??? don't you need to drain all the water out, for cleaning?
I wasn't keen on this dealer, so we just left...it is a nice spa and worth another look just not there! Getting so disappointed with dealers not knowing things about their spas they sell and not have products in stock to clean a spa, ect...I know these tubs can use a 50 amp panel, but if I ever wanted to up grade the bigger tubs would need a 60 amp panel, so that's another thing everyone wanted me to just get a 50 amp panel. It's frustrating...The purple on grey look is so nice...that would be my color choice for Marquis. I'm also looking into making my own steps, to save money on that so I can get the pull up table for the Marquis that way I could place a towel nearby and not worry...
Would the pull up table fit on the Spirit???

doodle

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 10:49:42 pm »
If I remember correctly the shelf with the brackets comes in different sizes and there are a couple of those that fit the Spirit.  There is a counter that has cabinets that I think is too big to go on the Spirit, but could be used as a stand alone.   I do not have either of these pieces myself. 

I do have the double step which I like a lot.  Very sturdy, and I like that there is storage inside.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 01:18:24 pm »
as grandpa always said..."there's one born every minute"

Chartreux

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 12:07:02 pm »
We do plan to wet tests down the road, I would never buy without doing that first of course. Will probably have to find another dealer, prices we're very high at this one, plus their lack of knowledge. So basically got my choices narrowed down to a Sundance Capri or Marquis Spirit, maybe the Hot Springs Jet Setter NXT, Huge maybe...(Husband hated the moto massage on the Aria.)

Is Sundance made in Mexico?

Going to take a wait from looking so tired with all this, as it is as bad as buying a car, worse. It Takes me a few days to recover from going to visit a dealer's spa place, as no one is anywhere near me. Plus I try to make phone calls first to see if the locations have the hot tubs...Not an easy process to go through with my disabilities... looking online has been disappointing as well...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 09:57:40 pm »
Sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience at your local marquis dealer. If I can be of any assistance feel free to message me or ask any questions on the marquis spas here

Chartreux

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 09:13:06 am »
Thank You

MarKee

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 09:28:17 pm »
To my knowledge Jacuzzi, Sundance, Caldera, Dimension One, and HotSpot/Limelight from Hotspring are all Mexican made.

familyhottub

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 11:15:56 pm »
We purchased a Marquis Spa with the Microsilk and have been using it for about 2 weeks.  We absolutely love it.  I am 47 years old and my skin feels so smooth and soft after 2 weeks.  All of the bumps on the back of my arms are completely gone.  My skin no longer feels scaly and dry.  I also think that it helps with acne.  I had some other skin issues and they are getting better and I believe it is from sitting in the hot tub with the microsilk setting every day.  It was approx. 1000.00 add on.  We do think that using the microsilk setting so frequently might be creating some "cloudy" water in the tub (possibly from all of the dead skin and oils?) but we are working with our dealer to manage our settings and filters.  Absolutely LOVE IT!!!

MarKee

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 03:13:46 am »
That's awesome, glad to hear you're liking it. I've been selling Marquis for 11 years and am planning on buying one with MicroSilk after test soaking and feeling the difference. I'm planning on getting the Promise model, did you get the Epic, Euphoria, Promise, or Spirit model?

Also, $1000 is cheap, can't believe you got it for that price.

Overthinking Everything

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 10:43:25 am »
We purchased a Marquis Spa with the Microsilk and have been using it for about 2 weeks.  We absolutely love it.  I am 47 years old and my skin feels so smooth and soft after 2 weeks.  All of the bumps on the back of my arms are completely gone.  My skin no longer feels scaly and dry.  I also think that it helps with acne.  I had some other skin issues and they are getting better and I believe it is from sitting in the hot tub with the microsilk setting every day.  It was approx. 1000.00 add on.  We do think that using the microsilk setting so frequently might be creating some "cloudy" water in the tub (possibly from all of the dead skin and oils?) but we are working with our dealer to manage our settings and filters.  Absolutely LOVE IT!!!
I know this topic has thread has been inactive for a while, but I wanted to see if "familyhottub" had any resolution with the dealer regarding the cloudy water.  I'm considering buying a Microsilk tub, and wanted to know in advance if there would be significant additional maintenance measures.  I also wondered specifically about the referenced "bumps on the back of my arms"--have those been there all your life?  Two of my children and I have those, and I am wondering if there might be an impact there.

Letran

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2016, 12:36:21 pm »
Is this something that can be installed after delivery.

On an Artesian Spa

I was inquiring about this when buying the tub, first it was only available in smaller tubs anyway, and secondly, my dealer dismissed it as a gimmick.

I have dry skin, this seem to be helpful

MarKee

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 02:49:59 pm »
MicroSilk can't be added after it's built on a Marquis, I would assume it's the same on an Artesian.

Nhsusan

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 02:38:06 pm »
Yes, it does!
I have had my Marquis Spirit for about 2 months and I use it every night. 10 minute soak in the Microsilk followed by 20 minutes with the jets going.

Not sure how it works but it does.

Seasonal Specialty Store in Amherst NH is my dealer.  I am very happy with them and I love my Spirit.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 02:38:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42