What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Reward Balboa control issues  (Read 3092 times)

sregnar

Marquis Reward Balboa control issues
« on: June 28, 2014, 07:46:19 pm »
Hello, I finally got my used 2004 Marquis Reward electrical issue figured out(heater element). I've got the tub filled and powered up. The LCD screen on the topside is dead but the buttons work(jets,light). Here's the issue, I power on, and the tub waits 5 minutes, cycles the pumps for 15, heater light comes on, then it shuts down, and doesn't come back on. I'm going to have to get a new topside so I can read if there are any errors I assume, but should I expect this error to be a bad heat sensir(balboa m7 heater has 2 sensors inline)? Or possibly the main board? I tried powering up with he topside unplugged but had the same result. I can manually turn the jets on and they run as their supposed to for 15 minutes, but then shut off and won't stay on so the heater can hear the water.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Reward Balboa control issues
« on: June 28, 2014, 07:46:19 pm »

ronipooh

Re: Marquis Reward Balboa control issues
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:13:31 am »
Well since you can't read the screen it's hard to say. The control panel seems to put out quite a bit of it's own heat on mine and the cover being over it turns my screen almost black until the cover has been off for a while and it's cooled down. Do you have the manual? If not here is a link for it    http://www.marquisspas.com/documents/2004/MS_03_OM.pdf.  We had a similar problem when we got done wiring ours. It ran for a cycle and shut down and then wouldn't do anything. The power wouldn't come back on and stay on and then it started tripping the GFI immediately. My husband took the fuses out and cleaned up the connections and it's been working fantastic ever since. The two fuses I'm speaking of on my Destiny were in the upper right hand side, they were solid 20 or 30 amp fuses. They were cylindrical in shape. It's worth a shot

sregnar

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 10:40:14 am »
Great thanks for the info! Mine hasn't been tripping the breaker since I replaced the heater, but those fuses are cheap and I'm sure 10 years old, might as we'll swap them out. I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy a new topside control too, hopefully those two ideas fix it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 10:40:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42