What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Do dealers typically setup or deliver?  (Read 13064 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Do dealers typically setup or deliver?
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2004, 02:49:36 pm »
You beat me to it.

As a customer I most definitely would prefer that the delivery and orientation take place at the same time. I've been curious to know how that would work since it would take quite some time to get several hundred gallons of water through my garden hose.

For me, with two garden hoses, I can fill my 425 gallons in 45 minutes.  That's less than it took for the bozos (dealer contracted out) to assemble the stairs, put the cover lifter on, and try to sell me a $200 chemical kit
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 02:50:07 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2004, 02:49:36 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2004, 06:37:49 pm »
that works if they are home when you deliver)....if they are not than a good dealer will return to walk the customer though spa....

Who in their right mind is NOT going to be home while their 6 thousand dollar appliance is being delivered?!? Holy crap, must be nice to have soo much money that it will not matter what landscaping gets mashed or septic system inadvertently driven over. I have not even once delivered a spa when at least one of the purchasers was not home and usually both want to be and are there. Besides, unless credit card payment is made at least 24 hours in advance in the show room all balances are COD.

But here is my question what about the trash...As a customer do you feel that it is reasonable to neatly fold or cut it up and leave near your trash area or do you except it to be removed.....I know it may seem trivial to some but it can leave bad taste for others....I think it is reasonable to leave it picked up and neatly put near the trash....any thgouhts....?

My crew does an impecible clean up. You will not even find a scrap of wire insulation left on the ground when they leave. That's why I got the dumpster in the first place.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2004, 08:38:26 pm »
Gee Wioksi,

I guess maybe they do have more money....or more faith in those they are doing business with....you can make arrangements to get installed and delivered while they are at work....

Tubber

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2004, 09:06:38 pm »
My apologies Wisoki you must be one of those salesman, service guy, delivery crew operations.    ::)  Do you by any chance sell pools as well?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2004, 10:40:32 pm »
Wisoki

I did not mean to sound like a smart a--   :-[......I was just trying to say that in my experience with people.....You can arrange to deliver a spa with out them being home...not that this is normally how it is done but it does happen.... you just need to take some steps  to make sure it goes as smooth as possible....

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2004, 01:01:38 pm »
My apologies Wisoki you must be one of those salesman, service guy, delivery crew operations.    ::)  Do you by any chance sell pools as well?

That is correct, we are a full service operation. However we do not sell pools. The swimming season in the mid west is 90 days if your lucky. Of those 90 days, how many do the pools actually get used, 10, maybe 15. They are a monumental waste of money when you consider the 365 day a year usability of a spa.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2004, 01:26:12 pm »
It's all good. Lets take a poll. How many of you dealers out there deliver a tub without the recipient at home?

Wisoki

I did not mean to sound like a smart a--   :-[......I was just trying to say that in my experience with people.....You can arrange to deliver a spa with out them being home...not that this is normally how it is done but it does happen.... you just need to take some steps  to make sure it goes as smooth as possible....

zzaphod42

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2004, 06:05:14 pm »
We've delivered a handful of tubs without customers being home. However since most of our tubs are sold with the equipment exterior from the tub, it's fairly easy for the customer to map out how they want the tub situated.

As stated above though, more often than not the customers want to be there when the tub is installed.

Joe

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2004, 06:05:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42