What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub bypass control panel  (Read 3634 times)

wnaplay

hot tub bypass control panel
« on: May 23, 2014, 11:40:10 pm »
The control panel on my hot tub was destroyed by a fallen tree limb last fall. Before I order the rather expensive replacement control panel I would like to make sure everything is still operable. Is there a way to bypass the control panel, perhaps place a jumper on the low voltage wires that feed the topside control panel and run this through each of the systems? Any help is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub bypass control panel
« on: May 23, 2014, 11:40:10 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: hot tub bypass control panel
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 11:46:52 pm »
Prolly depends on the BRAND of spa you have.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

clover

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 11:20:53 am »
Bite the bullet, replace the obvious, don't mess with what you don't know, as it may increase your cost when you need to call for serivce.  Just some friendly advice.

Anytime I try to do something I am not familiar with, the cost always goes up, but at least I tried.  I know what you're dealing with, and we all try to save a buck.  But, the voice of experience says, replace the obvious, and then go from there.

There is likely no way to bypass what the controller does, but it certainly helps us understand if there are any shortcuts.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 11:20:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42