What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where to screw into hot tub when installing a hot tub cover accessory  (Read 2617 times)

13moe13

Hello,

I have purchased 2 brackets with rollers that will allow me to slide my tub cover off to the side easily. Just not sure if I am able to screw the brackets into the side of the hot tub...I don't want to burst a pipe or damage any mechanical part. The screws are 1.5 inch in length. Any thoughts or ideas?

Hot Tub Forum

13moe13

Re: Where to screw into hot tub when installing a hot tub cover accessory
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 08:29:31 am »
Got an idea...may try using toggle bolts.

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 10:24:50 am »
It all depends on the tub. If it’s a cheaper tub with a cabinet that’s not solid, and limited supports behind the cabinet, it’s probably not a good idea to mount that without taking the side off and adding more frame supports to anchor to.  If it’s a solid cabinet with some supports behind that can be drilled in to, it probably doesn’t need reinforced.  Those cover shelf type lifts put a lot more stress on a cabinet than a normal cover lift.

13moe13

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 10:37:51 am »
The Hot tub is a one-piece molded polyethylene with no wood in the construction...so cannot take sides off. Wasn't very cheap either :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 10:37:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42