What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2014 Hot Spring Grandee  (Read 19514 times)

dunecritter

2014 Hot Spring Grandee
« on: May 08, 2014, 05:16:41 pm »
Got my new 2014 Grandee this morning. It is the Tuscan Sun shell and Mocha Everwood synthetic cabinet. It has the following options: ACE salt water system, Bluetooth/Wireless audio. The new Grandee has the wireless RF touch screen controller and completely new design thanks to the BMW design group! Looking forward to getting in it after work today for the first time.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:45:22 am by dunecritter »

Hot Tub Forum

2014 Hot Spring Grandee
« on: May 08, 2014, 05:16:41 pm »

Topline Mike

Re: 2014 Hot Spring Grandee
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 10:58:37 pm »
Very nice, dunecritter.  The chiller heat pump is obviously an oxi-moron.  I like the match of your new spa to your existing tile! 

dunecritter

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 10:55:18 am »

One new feature using the cordless touchscreen controller is now I can pick any color for any feature at the same time where as on the 2013 only the upper and lower lights were able to be on different color settings. The new features and options with this wireless controller are awesome from 4 different mood programs and and memory settings to choose from. They have also added a gasket in between the two cover halves to improve the covers heat retention.

Mangarr

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 10:29:46 am »
Very nice! Do you know if the new ability to assign the colors to individual items is restricted to the Grandee or will the other Highlife collections models (Envoy/Vanguard) will have the ability as well? I'd check for myself, but they don't have the 2014 Highlife user manuals posted on the Hot Springs website yet (although they do have the 2014 Limelight ones posted). Is the Chiller heat pump a new option or an after market modification?

dunecritter

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 08:04:30 pm »
Very nice! Do you know if the new ability to assign the colors to individual items is restricted to the Grandee or will the other Highlife collections models (Envoy/Vanguard) will have the ability as well? I'd check for myself, but they don't have the 2014 Highlife user manuals posted on the Hot Springs website yet (although they do have the 2014 Limelight ones posted). Is the Chiller heat pump a new option or an after market modification?
Only The Grandee, Envoy, and the NXT Grandee, NXT Envoy and NXT Jettsetter with the wireless controller can individually do this. I have a new Vanguard wired up on my showroom floor and nothing as far as light programming is different.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:45:58 am by dunecritter »

Mangarr

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 12:10:06 am »
Very cool. What are your thoughts on the NXT versus the traditional Highlife? I was told there was almost a 1k cost difference between them.

dunecritter

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 09:50:05 am »
I like the NXT a lot but I have a surround that hides the cabinet and makes no sense to pay the upcharge since you can not see it. The cabinet is the only difference. The NXT has easy access panels on all 4 sides that only takes a min to remove and has carbon fiber looking corner pieces with integrated down lights. The cabinet was designed to look as though it was "Hovering" with the bottom skirt that angles back under the tub. Very cool looking but again....not for my application.

dunecritter

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 01:50:43 pm »
I've owned a Vista for 7 years and my 2013 Grandee for half a year and I use it 4-5 times a week if my schedule allows. With that said I've become very comfortable in my previous spa and I know what to expect, how it functions and feels. Well when I got in my 2014 Grandee (Even though it is the same layout with the exception of the hip jets added and calf jets removed) I felt like I was in a complete different model. The angles, shapes and floor textures were a lot different and even the jets felt much different. At first I was almost missing my 2013 model to be honest but now that I've had a few more soaks in it I'm getting more used to it. I actually REALLY like the new angle of the back support without the lumbar built in it.  They have made a lot of improvements to an already great hot tub and I'm most definitely  sold on all the new changes that have been made.

Topline Mike

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 06:30:56 pm »
Do you play a little John Travolta in your tub at night? ;D

dunecritter

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 06:39:43 pm »
Don't be jealous That I can play disco music with my disco lights....Can't you????

meriflower

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 08:14:34 pm »
Sweet!  I like the changes that they made.

geprice

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 07:40:14 pm »
Looks great.  I like the stone work.  I have not seen a new model lately but confused by what appears to be wire nuts above the heater?

dunecritter

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 09:38:50 pm »
Good eye geprice! The Wire nuts are my temporary extension so that I could use my existing whip to do my start up until I could get the longer whip needed as I relocated the tub on my pad the following day. I did the hookup at night and took this photo the next day as I was installing the new longer whip. Wanted to get the water heated and let the water softener pillow work all night. I had some extra #6 THHN wire sitting there and figured lets get it started!

dunecritter

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 11:27:01 pm »
Just a simple update...All is well and nothing to report. The ACE system still doing its job and the Music system still making good noises! Absolutely love the Grandee!

SuperHT

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 12:06:08 pm »
whats the Grandee like? is it still running ok?
were looking into importing the NXT hot springs tubs and though i would talk to some people who had actually used them?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 12:06:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42