What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best spa? (WITH criteria)  (Read 5194 times)

hwimbrow

Best spa? (WITH criteria)
« on: June 23, 2004, 10:34:28 am »
Given "there is no one correct answer"
Given this "real" and disinterested forum is one of the best resources I've found yet on the wild 'n wooly www.

I offer the following criteria and solicit opinions of top brands.

I want:

A small tub, me & the wife, maybe the kid (hopefully NOT the kid if ya know what I mean).
Outdoor, portable
No waterfalls, stereos, DVDs, etc.
Dependable - tools in my hands strike panic in those around me.
Inexpensive. I've learned this lesson from boats. Buy it, use it a handful of times, have it sit in the yard forever and sell it for a fraction what you bought it for. I don't THINK a tub falls in this category, but it's possible enough to plan for.

The closest dealers seem to either have cheap and undependable, or ridiculous bells and whistles, so I want to be very efficient as my shopping radius expands.

I've heard Viking, but its a small co. and any dealer is at least a couple hours away.

Any other brands/dealers I should consider?

Thank you all very very mcuh.

Hot Tub Forum

Best spa? (WITH criteria)
« on: June 23, 2004, 10:34:28 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Best spa? (WITH criteria)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 10:58:53 am »
There are several....Hot Springs....Sundance....D-1 I think has a smaller tub.....I am most familiar with Marquis....if you want to spend less they make a line called the everyday hot tub and the model 212  would seem to fit your needs...it can usually be brought for about 3000.00 if you want to step up to the regular Marquis line than the spirit might be a good choice for about 5000.00....if you get the chance jump in and wet test those you find within your budget and decide....by the way if you commit yourself to getting into your spa each night for a week....I think you will find you won't want to miss a night after that..... ;)

Gerrym

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 10:59:14 am »
Best Spa = HotSpring

Criteria = cos I said so!

;D ;D ;D

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 11:35:32 am »
Hwimbrow:
I would definitely recommend a Hotspring Jetsetter or a Solana TX (made by Hotspring).  Both will hold 2 people comfortably.  Pricing for the Jetsetter should run around $5,000 and the Solana TX should be in the $3,500 range.  The big difference between the two is the warranty.  The Jetsetter has a 5-year component warranty, and the TX has a 1-year component warranty.  This is the major reason for the price difference.  Both are extremely efficient, and Hotspring has the largest dealer network in the United States if you are worried about service.  There should be a Hotspring dealer within 2 hours of you.
Chris H

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 12:32:46 pm »
I think a little more depth on your criteria would be helpful for giving more specific recommendations:
- what is inexpensive for you? (price range)
- what do you consider small? (gallons/litres or dimensions)

Mendocino101 gave some good suggestions; of those, the only one I would consider inexpensive would be the Everyday tubs.
e

hwimbrow

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 02:13:40 pm »
Inexpensive = as cheap as possible LOL!

Small = my existing bath tub.

Like I said, and I'm sure we've all done this at one time or another, the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys, and I've had my share of toys that got a little use, didn't actually fit in my life (just my dreams), sat around for years, and ended up being sold for a huge loss.

So, until I wear out a tub from use, I'm lowballing as best I can.

Is "Everyday" a brand? or a model?

PS

Thanks again very very much. Alot of you all seem to have real knowlege and wisdom. Google searches render thousands and thousands of hits from sites with who knows what agenda.

Thanks.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 02:24:40 pm »
Everyday is a line (brand) of tubs built by Marquis. The 212 model is probably closest to your bath tub and above criteria.

http://www.marquisspas.com/everyday/everyday_showroom.asp
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 02:30:13 pm by empolgation »
e

markb

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 02:29:30 pm »
I've been checking out caldera for their bigger spas but I saw a really nice small one. The Kauai, seats only 3, lounge and 2 seats. Small size 5'5" x7' x29". The best part I think is that it comes with the same warranty as the other spas. I don't know price, but go to calderaspas.com put in your zip and you can find a dealer near you.

Caldera is made by watkins industry which also make hot springs.

Good luck.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 03:16:28 pm »
If you scratch around here you will find a thread with a list of good brands.  It is under "how to negotiate to buy a hot tube" or something like that.  Get that list, then go to your Yellow Pages and find dealers.  Call each dealer and tell them what you want and if they have something that fits, make an appointment for a wet test.   Don't buy anything you can't wet test.  Bring your wife and your kid.  This is no time to be shy.  Wet test and pick the one that you like the best.

Let us know how you do.

Regards,

Bill

saz

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 03:44:55 pm »
I can definately recommend the Everyday range of hot-tubs from Marquis. They have a good range to fit all budgets, and most criteria.
Gerry, like the comments - not that you're biased cos you bought one, and are still waiting!!!lol  what will it be now??? 3 days, 22 hours and 45 secs or something?!?!?!lol
saz

Gerrym

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 05:17:34 am »
I can definately recommend the Everyday range of hot-tubs from Marquis. They have a good range to fit all budgets, and most criteria.
Gerry, like the comments - not that you're biased cos you bought one, and are still waiting!!!lol  what will it be now??? 3 days, 22 hours and 45 secs or something?!?!?!lol
saz

10 days, 23 hours, 27 minutes..... ACTUALLY !!

;D ;D

saz

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 08:10:10 am »
the countdown continues!!!!lol

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 08:10:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42