What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LA Spas  (Read 3180 times)

Chris_D

LA Spas
« on: June 23, 2004, 01:00:52 am »
Hi all, newbie here ;D

I havent read much on this site about LA Spas. I am considering the H.E.E.T. model with all the bells and whistles. I feel like I got a deel at $8,200. Comes with waterfalls(2) 2 seats with neck/shoulder jets config. optic lighting, etc. It seems like a really well built tub and for the price compared to the HotSprings dealer I went to was a couple 1,000 less.

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks
Chris

Hot Tub Forum

LA Spas
« on: June 23, 2004, 01:00:52 am »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: LA Spas
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 07:06:21 am »
I wet tested the HEET model and thought it was great.  A little deep for me in places, but (if you have read any previous posts) I am vertically challenged.  I didn't want to drown!

I didn't float that much in the lounge, which was nice!

Otherwise, I think it is a great tub!  I've only heard great things about them!

Good luck!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

chaz

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 12:01:49 pm »
I have had my HEET for about 3 months now and am very happy with it.  My wife, like Lori, is vertically challenged and would not put on her suit and wet test in a showroom so it was ultimately my decision.  The thing I liked was the flexibility of the seating and jet configuration.  I can squeeze into one of the corner seats while it fits her perfectly, but the other corner I fit in wonderfully while it is a bit deep for her.  She does have a little trouble in the lounger as far as depth, but does not float as the seat is deep.  Being able to completely adjust the pressure to each individual jet helps too.  For us it was the right combination of value and price.  We did not get all the bells & whistle though, but do have the ozantator.  Didn't want the stereo, lights, waterfall, just therapy which it has in abundance.

As you have probably noticed on this site the two biggest things to use in determining what will be best for you are the wet test and the dealer.  LA SPAS does not do a lot in the eastern US where most of the people here seem to be from which is why there is limited feedback on them, also why depending on where a person lives I don't get too involved in the discussions here.  I do read most everthing though as this has been a great place to gain knowledge.  Most of the people are very helpful and knowledable.

Be happy to answer specific questions if you want more.

Good luck and take your time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 02:36:34 pm »
The price sounds reasonable for what you got. I didn't discover this brand till after my purchase (no dealer within 50 miles the last I checked). Saw one at the state fair and was impressed with its looks.  I look forward to hearing what you think if you test or buy one.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 02:36:57 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 11:24:33 pm »
I did not like the "new" bag filter arrangment on the LA spas. The pleated filters on other spas are far superior in terms of efficiency and surface area.

They said that there sould be a back retrofit to the old style available "soon."  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 11:24:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42