What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Solana SX??  (Read 8924 times)

Isaac-1

Re: Solana SX??
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 11:18:44 pm »
Baqua is most certainly not chemical free, although it may be chlorine free, but it does work although it may make you want to pull your hair out.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 11:18:44 pm »

MissViv

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 10:33:38 am »
Tub is filled and we ran the jets for a few minutes.  Every thing looks great so far and the spa is hardly dirty.  No visible mold or anything in the jets.  We put in the clean start and ran the jets on high for 10 minutes like the directions said.  Nothing "yucky" came out of the jets.  There is some white tissue like residue in the bottom of the tub, my husband thought it was the clean start that did not dissolve but I think it is the tissue bacteria that I read about here on the forum.

Now the clean start is supposed to sit in the tub for 12-14 hours which will put us at 9:00 p.m. tonight.  Do you think since it is not really "yucky" we could maybe drain it out at 7:00 p.m. or should we just stay up late tonight and drain.  We have to refill it one-third full and drain again before we fill it completely back up and it is ready to go.

Sam

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 03:42:17 pm »
I'd leave it in a little longer.  I'm not familiar with your exact product, but I get better results with system flushes when I leave them in for a day or 2.  I would also superchlorinate when you first refill it after the flush.

Good luck!  Grats on your new hot tub  :)

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 09:12:01 pm »
Baqua spa is caustic stuff.  Horrible.  The shock is hydrogen peroxide.  I was talking to a chemist the other day from Buckman laboratories and the byproduct of biguanide is cyanide.  I'll confirm that. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 09:12:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42