What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP! FLO message, JET1 failure, Gecko L.A. SPAS Oasis??  (Read 2174 times)

Micke-b

Hi, a couple of month ago I bought a used L.A. SPAS OASIS with some freezing damaged pipes which I have fixed. I am very happy with my hot tub and have used it a lot since I installed it.

But during a bath this weekend I could not turn off JET1 and after a while I got a error message: FLO
I turned off the hot tub, cleaned the filters, tried to find a pressure or temp gauge to see they was the cause for my troubles. But as I understand they are built in to the heater (Gecko Aeware in-therm). After cleaning the filters (only three weeks old) I started up the tub again but the error remains.
JET1 starts immediately when I turn the power on and don't respond on control panel, I can't turn it of manually. The water temperature shows nothing more than _ _ _ _C (Celsius, it's a hot tub in Sweden).

I closed down the hot tub again and disconnected JET1 and started up again.
Now I could confirm that the circulation pump works fine which was hard to to when the JET1 was on. And when JET1 is disconnected the temperature gauge shows the correct water temperature in the display, = circulation pump works fine and temp sensor works fine. When I press JET1 on the control panel once I can hear the relay click. I press twice and I hear the relay click again. It looks to me that the control panel and the control board works?!!!

So I connect JET1 again but the error remains, No temp in the display, JET1 is on all time, FLO message show up and I have to switch off again.

What should my next step be in troubleshooting?
Do anyone know or guess what is wrong?
Can it be solved with a software up date (in.stick)?
Do I have to get a new control box? I can measure the voltage output from control box but I don't know what values I should get or between which pins?

Can I disconnect JET1 and use the hot tub? I will loose the automatic cleaning process but guess I can manually start JET2 i couple of times per day for filtering until I have solved the problem. Right or wrong?

Model OASIS 07078 52/78 2P
S/N1026584-0611

Control Box is  Gecko Aeware XM2
Heater is Gecko/Aeware in.therm
Connected to 3-phase 16 Amps outlet and correct set up regarding to that.

Thanks in advance for any hints, ideas or help

Hot Tub Forum

CanadianSpaTech

Re: PLEASE HELP! FLO message, JET1 failure, Gecko L.A. SPAS Oasis??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 09:56:04 pm »
https://issuu.com/geckomkt/docs/inxm_techbook_9919-101164_en/1?e=14165552/13669185

Anytime you have a FLO always run spa without filters. Take them out of the equation.

Look on the spa pack for the LED display. Are there any error codes on that display?

Is pump 1 running in low speed or high speed?

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:05:37 pm by CanadianSpaTech »

Micke-b

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 04:51:47 am »
Thanks for helping me out.
I did as you recommended and started the spa without filters and the problem remains.
I am not sure if JET1 running on low or full speed as it does not respond on commands from display. But I believe it is full speed, can I test it somehow?!
When I start the SPA I have no error codes but after a while I get FL on the spa pack and FLO on display.

Thanks /Mikael

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 07:41:22 am »
Lot of possibilities and several different things going on at once. Could be bad topside button, bad hi/low pump switch, Bad sensor, stuck relay on board... Suggest calling Gecko directly they are usually very good with customer service. 1.800.784-3256

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 07:41:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42