What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A8  (Read 8396 times)

gdm783

Bullfrog A8
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:22:08 pm »
Ok, I ditched the Cal Spa Escape (due to concerns about the mfg) and have now put a deposit on a Bullfrog A8. The dealer sold the unit to me for $11,000.  I thought it was a good deal. Is Bullfrog seen a top tier manufacturer?  Does anyone have experience with the A8. At $11k, is this the best tub for the money, or should I be looking at other models/brands?  Our main priority has been size (big), hence the A8. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A8
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:22:08 pm »

SCbarber

Re: Bullfrog A8
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 09:55:57 pm »
Sounds like a fair deal, we have an A7 and it was $10,4 with a few extras.  I was sold when I saw how they were built, had ours for a few months now and no problems, we love it!  I looked at a few other brands but kept going back to the BF.  Can't be beat IMO.  Good Luck with it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:59:14 pm by SCbarber »

red2play

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:53:20 pm »
I have the R6L and I'm enjoying it!!  Bullfrog is a VERY quality manufacturer and the warranties prove it.  I paid 7k but your Spa is much larger and with more options.  If you got the speaker system and the Bluetooth options, I would say you got a steal but without the speakers you still got a good deal.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 06:19:37 am »
Your getting closer to the top than Cal. There are better IMO.
Retired

meriflower

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 12:30:20 am »
I have a 2013 R6L and really enjoy it!  Never a problem and is always ready for whenever I am.  I like being able to switch out the different jetpaks on my favorite seat with is the lounger.  I highly recommend Bullfrog!  :)

Sam

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 06:56:10 pm »
That's a great price for that tub!  That tub easily sells for $13k or more.  Bullfrog is my personal favorite manufacturer.  They have a unique, forward thinking design that is like nothing else out there.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 07:19:08 pm »
That's a great price for that tub!  That tub easily sells for $13k or more.  Bullfrog is my personal favorite manufacturer.  They have a unique, forward thinking design that is like nothing else out there.

Really? It looks like a nice spa but I scratch my head at a $13k price tag.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Topline Mike

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 10:28:35 pm »
My family wet tested an A8.  I really like the jet pack options, with the oscillator pack my favorite.  I did not like the foot dome in the center, as I like to stretch out when I'm in the spa.  I was ready to drive to another dealer that had an A8L wet, but then I found my jacuzzi.  We wet tested an A6L that was for sale privately, and really liked it but it was too small for the family of 5.  I found it ironic that both the private sale and the dealer tub both had noticeable scum lines in them.  If you're trying to make a sale, wouldn't a sparkly tub sell better? ;)

gdm783

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 11:22:53 am »
I really appreciate the feedback from everyone (especially the happy Bullfrog owners).  I agree that Jacuzzi has the better brand reputation, and in all honesty I probably would have bought one if the Jacuzzi dealer would have shown any interest in negotiating with me.  With the J-385 being quoted at $12k (the J-470 was quoted ~$20), the Bullfrog at $11k seemed like a no-brainer when I looked at the components, the size of the tub, and the warranty.  The negative for Bullfrog is their brand recognition is not there yet, and most people want to see 30-40 yrs of customer service before acknowledging a company is in the top tier, but I'm willing to take a shot with Bullfrog.  They have a lot of happy customers out there, and back their products with service and a good warranty.  I am confident that in time Bullfrog will be listed as a top 5 manufacturer.

Sam

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 06:44:05 pm »

Really? It looks like a nice spa but I scratch my head at a $13k price tag.

This is their top of the line, biggest unit.  That price is similar to any companies top offering.  How much is a grandee, optima, etc?  Even if you look at a lessor brand, their most expensive tub is usually in that range. 

I regularly have customer's who wet test other companies top offerings, and when they get in my Bullfrog A8 (or any model) they consistently say how much they love it.  People who wet test a Bullfrog in my store end up buying approximately 75% of the time.  Those numbers are hard to argue with.  I highly recommend anyone looking for a hot tub to wet test a Bullfrog.  The proof is in the pudding, don't just take my word for it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 06:47:06 pm »
I really appreciate the feedback from everyone (especially the happy Bullfrog owners).  I agree that Jacuzzi has the better brand reputation, and in all honesty I probably would have bought one if the Jacuzzi dealer would have shown any interest in negotiating with me.  With the J-385 being quoted at $12k (the J-470 was quoted ~$20), the Bullfrog at $11k seemed like a no-brainer when I looked at the components, the size of the tub, and the warranty.  The negative for Bullfrog is their brand recognition is not there yet, and most people want to see 30-40 yrs of customer service before acknowledging a company is in the top tier, but I'm willing to take a shot with Bullfrog.  They have a lot of happy customers out there, and back their products with service and a good warranty.  I am confident that in time Bullfrog will be listed as a top 5 manufacturer.

I think Bullfrog makes a fine product. Problem is there's 10 top 5's
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 06:47:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42