What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Sovereign Model IQ  (Read 5339 times)

bobvalle

Hot Springs Sovereign Model IQ
« on: April 18, 2014, 05:47:42 pm »
I have just obtained a used Hot Springs Sovereign Model IQ and have a small leak in the corner below the Moto-Massage Jets. When I pick up the tub the water level was at the top of the filters, so I suspect that some seals dried out either at the Moto-Massage or the "Precision Jets" just above the Moto-Massage and under the pillow. I believe the hot tub is a 2000 model but not 100% sure. Under the small caps on the "Precision Jets" are small holes in the perimeter of the jets. It looks like they are for using a tool to screw the jets into a fitting. The holes are around the perimeter of the body of the jet and at quarter points. Is that the case and if so is there a tool for tightening this jet??? If this is not the case that the jets screws into a fitting, what is my best bet for fixing the leak. I tried a stop leak product and it works after three treatments but started leaking again a week later. Some people have told me I would need to remove the side panels and carve out the insulation to fix the leak. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Sovereign Model IQ
« on: April 18, 2014, 05:47:42 pm »

rosewoodsteel

Re: Hot Springs Sovereign Model IQ
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 10:12:29 am »
Bob,

I am thinking that a pair of circlip pliers might be the tool you are talking about (If Tman  sees your thread, he will know).
Sorry to hear about the leak.  After repairing my old Coleman tub an number of times (and wasting my money once on that crappy stop leak product, as well), I decided to get a new tub.  I gave my old tub to a retired friend that needed a project, so I was very happy with the Coleman going to a good home. 
Good luck with fixing the leak.  Sometimes they are not too hard to locate.  Other times they are a major pita.    I'm sure the full foam guys will be hammering me in a few minutes over that comment. :) :)

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hot Springs Sovereign Model IQ
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 10:12:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42