What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub placement in a corner  (Read 2650 times)

Lionheart_CHP

Hot tub placement in a corner
« on: May 12, 2014, 06:16:31 pm »
Would you guys recommend against having a spa placed into a corner?  How much room should be left between the tub and a wall?  I'll still have access to the other sides.  I'm planning to leave just enough room on the back side for the cover to fold away using the cover lifter.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub placement in a corner
« on: May 12, 2014, 06:16:31 pm »

Pers Onal

Re: Hot tub placement in a corner
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 09:00:05 am »
That depends on what equipment is located on the sides next to corner walls, and how willing you are to drain, shift tub and refill for repair - possibly filling tub full to check repair and be certain not leaking, and then drain again to move it back.

If there is a blower motor or pump, you are probably better to leave a little more space to be able to barely get in there.

In mine, the side opposite the access panel does not have any motors, blowers or other equipment. That side would only have to be accessed in the event of leak at jet, or tub crack. Which has not happened to me in 13 years.

As long as you don't build it in and and can drain, shift tub when empty, refill to check, and drain again to shift tub back and are prepared to do so I can't think of a reason not to put in a corner.

However, if you have plenty of space - I would leave it far enough out to enable service on all sides. If you don't have enough space and are willing to drain and refill as needed for repair, no reason not to do it.

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 10:09:04 am »
Assuming access to equipment is not an issue, is there any reason to have it away from a corner for aesthetic reasons?  How about entry/exit, which I believe would only be one side anyways?

I guess, is it best to have room to walk around the tub, or minimize the space between the tub and a corner to maximize the space in the room?

Pers Onal

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 07:17:55 pm »
If you drop something down in between the wall and the tub, can't get it out without draining the tub.

I had my tub up against a handrail of the deck on one side for probably ten years. Then a blower motor on that side went. When I replaced the motor I left room to barely get in there.

It really is a personal preference thing if you leave access out of it.

My guess is that if you are up against two walls you will feel a little closed in. I would anyhow.

I only get in and out from one side, there is an entry step into the tub there. I assume but don't know that most tubs are the same.

Likely, you're not going to be wanting to move the steps around, so you are only going to be getting in and out from one spot.

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 06:03:34 pm »
With all the experience on this board, I'm sure a few more of you have an opinion here.  Will putting my tub into a corner make it feel closed in and cramped?  I plan to have the side where the cover folds up fairly close to the wall (leaving only room for the cover and lift mechanism). The other wall on that corner is only 6' long, so with the spa already stepped out ~2' for the cover, the tub would essentially have one full side and one half side against a wall.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 06:03:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42