What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vortex spa / spaworldna  (Read 26271 times)

dpearase

Vortex spa / spaworldna
« on: April 07, 2014, 05:49:44 am »
I bought a spa cover on ebay was charged 30 for delivery. after waiting Nd waiting I tried to talk to a manager and got no where. I even contacted Vortex spa New Zealand with no customer service. so I go on facebook and get told there are refunding my money because they screwed up on the shipping cost...... or I could just pay another 150bucks CON ARTISTS DO NOT BUY FROM HERE REAL BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Hot Tub Forum

Vortex spa / spaworldna
« on: April 07, 2014, 05:49:44 am »

dunecritter

Re: Vortex spa / spaworldna
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 09:48:28 am »
Sorry to hear about your "Online" "Ebay" purchase...Online purchases can be frustrating...While online purchasing tends to be upfront convenient...It's when an issue or warranty situation arrives...You seem to never get ahold of someone that can help or even cares to help. I would never buy anything of serious monetary value ( Regardless of what the item is) on ebay or online for that matter. When I have an issue I want the ability to visit, discuss and feel confident in my purchase and know who I'm going to visit and talk to should a warranty situation arise. This is a personal opinion and maybe I'm old fashioned in regards to this topic but I know many here feel different.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:50:06 am »
Geez Derek ,

Vortex dont sell covers to individual , spawold placed an order to us . Spaworld been trying to refund your money for more than a month and you keep refusing it . The Ebay ads stated free shipping in the province of quebec and 30 $ extra for Ontario . YOu live in Winnipeg  wich is on the west side of Canada , the shipping cost to Winnipeg is 250 $ and you paid 300 $ for your cover . Use your common sense please.

dpearase

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 08:45:17 am »
The best part is these guys will not let you talk to a manager or anybody above them. It almost seems like management doesn't care about their customer base. No one answers the phone when you call. at any number they have is goes to a voice mail. but you get email like its simple we dont ship to ur province but we took your money no problem hoping you would forget we took it. Bad Company to deal with. spa would is a branch of Vortex spa the main company in New Zealand has the same branches

swimspanevercame

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 04:52:42 pm »
I ordered a Vortex swim spa on January 28th. Prior to ordering I was told 5-6 weeks for delivery.  Here it is April and still no spa, so I have contested the charge to my credit card as there is no recourse after 60 days.  Most emails and phone calls are not answered.   I told Brian/Bryan when I order that the timing was of great importance as I am building an extension on my house that could not be completed until the delivery of the spa. Contractor ordered all the windows and doors and is upset that they have to store everthing, which were ordered to be delivered when spa was to arrive over a month ago.  Contractor has a ton of my money and I am without my addition and spa, other than the slab waiting for a spa.  Meanwhile 30,000 of my mine is out there floating around.  I have never had such a bad experience with a company that I spent 15,000 with.  Hopefully, credit card company is able to get my money back.

Not returning calls and emails on such an expensive item in unacceptable and not being truthful about delivery dates is beyond unacceptable.  Since I never received the spa I can't comment on quality.  This has caused so much chaos in my life that I spent an evening in the ER with chest pains.  So not worth it.  I hope that this will help someone else avoid a horrible experience as I have had.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 10:20:22 am »
The best part is these guys will not let you talk to a manager or anybody above them. It almost seems like management doesn't care about their customer base. No one answers the phone when you call. at any number they have is goes to a voice mail. but you get email like its simple we dont ship to ur province but we took your money no problem hoping you would forget we took it. Bad Company to deal with. spa would is a branch of Vortex spa the main company in New Zealand has the same branches

You have spammed hundreds of hate message over the internet while Vortex spas does not sell spa covers to individuals , when you first contacted us we told you that no shipping company would deliver this cover at this price and we would like to refund your purchase , you have refused to be refunded and wanted to wait as long as it could take to have a shipping company deliver the spa to your place . When you tell a story that affect company reputation it would be great that you tell the true story :).

Ryan VSO

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 10:30:13 am »
I ordered a Vortex swim spa on January 28th. Prior to ordering I was told 5-6 weeks for delivery.  Here it is April and still no spa, so I have contested the charge to my credit card as there is no recourse after 60 days.  Most emails and phone calls are not answered.   I told Brian/Bryan when I order that the timing was of great importance as I am building an extension on my house that could not be completed until the delivery of the spa. Contractor ordered all the windows and doors and is upset that they have to store everthing, which were ordered to be delivered when spa was to arrive over a month ago.  Contractor has a ton of my money and I am without my addition and spa, other than the slab waiting for a spa.  Meanwhile 30,000 of my mine is out there floating around.  I have never had such a bad experience with a company that I spent 15,000 with.  Hopefully, credit card company is able to get my money back.

You order has been place on february 3rd , we been telling you that it would be more 6 weeks than 5 weeks , on the fourth weeks you called us and said that you were upset that you swim spa wasnt there and want to get your money back while it was only on the 4 th weeks .

we then had the delivery scheduled for march 25 th , we then notified you that it has been sent to custum inspection and it is still there. We explained you that we cant do nothing bout wait till its cleared out . We have also offered you to refund your credit card during the wait but you have refused .

We understand your frustration but when its under custum examination , our hands are tied up.

if you wish to have your credit card refunded , just call us and we will refund it just like we offered you last month

Not returning calls and emails on such an expensive item in unacceptable and not being truthful about delivery dates is beyond unacceptable.  Since I never received the spa I can't comment on quality.  This has caused so much chaos in my life that I spent an evening in the ER with chest pains.  So not worth it.  I hope that this will help someone else avoid a horrible experience as I have had.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 02:11:43 pm »

Hi Derek I have personally called you and left you a voice message , we have also refunded your credit card just like you asked us to do and the receipt has been sent to your email adress.

swimspanevercame

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 01:46:28 pm »
I did not complain about delivery at week 4.  I was mislead about delivery.  At one point I was told spa would be delivered in 7 to 10 days on 2/22 or 2/33 via phone).  Per my email I said delivery on 3/10 would be fine.  I arranged for contractor to start after that date.  He ordered door & windows.  Later I find out this date was delivery to port, not my house.  It was not in the port then either, but weeks later.  Why didn't Ryan say I didn't understand what he said.  He obviously ignored the fact that my expectation was that spa would be delivered on 3/10.

Now for a rerun of what has happened.  I am not going to list each and every email and phone call, but the important stuff.  I ordered spa on 1/28.  Tried to pay within 24 hours, but Paypal will not accept payments this large.  You have clearly stated that Paypal is accepted for this item, and your Ebay items still state this even though I brought this to Brian's attention.  He said they can't be changed until end of auction, which is not true. As long as there are no bids and at least 24 hours left on listing it can be changed.

Next Brian sent me an invoice through Paypal for 10,000, which I promptly paid on 1/29.  You decided that you could not accept this, so said to pay with my credit card.  You issued refund of Paypal payment on 2/1, but money was not returned until 2/7 as you did not have money in your account for transaction.  At this point I have paid and spa should have been put into production.  On 2/6 I paid via credit card.  You had 25,000 of my money at this point as I did not realized I didn't get my money refunded from Paypal.  I finally got the 10,000 back from Paypal on 2/7.  So real order date should have been 2/1 as you had 10,000 of my money on that day.  I cancelled my order on 4/8, which is 66 days or almost 9 1/2 weeks from my payment of 10,000.  Since you don't want to consider my 10,000 as partial payment and want to do the 2/6 date, in which you had double my money the time frame is still well beyond 6 weeks.  This is 61 days or 8 1/2 weeks.  In my eyes you had my money on 2/1 since your web pages accepts orders with 1/3 down.  I have been mislead the entire time and phone calls & email not returned.  I actually had to block my name on cell phone to get someone other than voice machine at 800 number.  Brian did give me his cell number, but my phone plan does not include calls to Canada, so useless to me.

I am now told I will not get my money back yet, even though I requested this and it was agreed that you would return my money on 4/11.  My husband was told on the phone refund would take 48 hours after acknowledgement of our email on 4/9 , which should have been yesterday 4/11.  I contacted Brian on 4/11 asking why no refund and now he has to wait for authorization from main office on Monday 4/14.  I'm sure another excuse will be made on Monday. 

Ryan VSO

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 09:10:16 pm »
I did not complain about delivery at week 4.  I was mislead about delivery.  At one point I was told spa would be delivered in 7 to 10 days on 2/22 or 2/33 via phone).  Per my email I said delivery on 3/10 would be fine.  I arranged for contractor to start after that date.  He ordered door & windows.  Later I find out this date was delivery to port, not my house.  It was not in the port then either, but weeks later.  Why didn't Ryan say I didn't understand what he said.  He obviously ignored the fact that my expectation was that spa would be delivered on 3/10.

Now for a rerun of what has happened.  I am not going to list each and every email and phone call, but the important stuff.  I ordered spa on 1/28.  Tried to pay within 24 hours, but Paypal will not accept payments this large.  You have clearly stated that Paypal is accepted for this item, and your Ebay items still state this even though I brought this to Brian's attention.  He said they can't be changed until end of auction, which is not true. As long as there are no bids and at least 24 hours left on listing it can be changed.

Next Brian sent me an invoice through Paypal for 10,000, which I promptly paid on 1/29.  You decided that you could not accept this, so said to pay with my credit card.  You issued refund of Paypal payment on 2/1, but money was not returned until 2/7 as you did not have money in your account for transaction.  At this point I have paid and spa should have been put into production.  On 2/6 I paid via credit card.  You had 25,000 of my money at this point as I did not realized I didn't get my money refunded from Paypal.  I finally got the 10,000 back from Paypal on 2/7.  So real order date should have been 2/1 as you had 10,000 of my money on that day.  I cancelled my order on 4/8, which is 66 days or almost 9 1/2 weeks from my payment of 10,000.  Since you don't want to consider my 10,000 as partial payment and want to do the 2/6 date, in which you had double my money the time frame is still well beyond 6 weeks.  This is 61 days or 8 1/2 weeks.  In my eyes you had my money on 2/1 since your web pages accepts orders with 1/3 down.  I have been mislead the entire time and phone calls & email not returned.  I actually had to block my name on cell phone to get someone other than voice machine at 800 number.  Brian did give me his cell number, but my phone plan does not include calls to Canada, so useless to me.

I am now told I will not get my money back yet, even though I requested this and it was agreed that you would return my money on 4/11.  My husband was told on the phone refund would take 48 hours after acknowledgement of our email on 4/9 , which should have been yesterday 4/11.  I contacted Brian on 4/11 asking why no refund and now he has to wait for authorization from main office on Monday 4/14.  I'm sure another excuse will be made on Monday.

Of course it need the headoffice approval , we would of made the delivery on time if it would not been of the custum inspection , having a swim spa unit stock in a warehouse because you choose to not wait till the custum has cleared it is normaly subject to cancellation fees wich we wont charge in this case but it does need the approval from the headoffice. For the ebay listing it has been changed and you CANT change it when its in an auction that has less than 24 hours left.

You have not been mislead about the delivery , I have check the recording and Brian said clearly on the phone 21 days of production and between 15-21 days for the delivery. On february 23 th we have  sent you an email saying that your unit will leave the manufacturer on march 4th . If you add 15 to 21 days it bring us to march 19 th to march 26 th .

That being said , we have now added on our contract that we guarantee 5-6 weeks for the delivery but custumer must be aware that if theres a custum exam , it may take an extra 48 hours ( x-ray ) to 21 business days . Custum inspections are not something we do control .

I have your file on my desk and it will be take care of as soon as the approval from the headoffice has been received wich we expect to be this coming monday .

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 11:29:23 am »
I just don't know why somebody would drop 15k on something they have never seen and without a local company to deal with. Hope you learned your lesson and good luck getting your money back

Ryan VSO

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 12:31:56 pm »
Simply because the local dealer would sell it for 22k ;)

swimspanevercame

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 06:21:16 pm »
Ryan,  You know you would be a whole lot better off if you just apologized.  You didn't deliver as promised.   Everyone on the forum can read my post and see that you are wrong.  10+ week for delivery is late.  Based on what you have said I assume you no longer stand behind the 6 week delivery guarantee.  It would be better to say "I am sorry for the delay" and say exactly what happened rather than try to blame the problem on me.  Also say we are going to work on making ourselves better and ask the customer for their suggestions.  The delay goes way beyond customs.   Instead you have alienated me as a customer and probably other potential customers.  I, for one, would not recommend your company after all I have been put through. 

Exactly where are you and where is your main office that it takes 5 days to receive the refund form?  Every heard of fax or email? 

There is a reason why your feedback on ebay is 95.1% for 125 feedbacks and mine is 100% for 1300 feedbacks.  I provide prompt service to anyone I sell to and explain when I have made a mistake.  People can be very understanding when you say I have made a mistake and I am very sorry.  I never even got an apology after my email was not answered after 4 days.  It is very upsetting when someone has a lot of your money and they don't answer emails or phone calls.

I have shared my experience and others can make their decision.   

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 08:22:40 pm »
I would think most would pay more if it meant getting what they wanted in  prompt fashion instead of blaming the customer for your mistake

Ryan VSO

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 09:54:45 pm »
The point here was not to blame anybody but to post what really happen , what been said and wrote . Its unfortunate that we could not deliver the product on time because of the custum hold and we have apologized to your husband on the phone .

We feel sorry that we could not satisfy you and we will push hard to satisfy our other custumers that have a unit in the same container as yours.

Regarding the unanswered emails , I have to make sure that our employes give support to our custumers in a short period of time and if they dont then I have to investigate to see what happen .

correct me if I'm wrong :

Contact submitted on Friday, 21 February 2014 10:34 p.m. : Hello, I was told I would get the delivery date for my spa today? Please advise. Concrete will be poured on Monday.

Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 7:20 am : The person in charge of the production order is Bryan and he has been sick for a couple of days now , he is supposed to officialy be back on monday but left us a memo that he will contact his custumers on sunday . I would suggest you to wait until he come back as I dont know the production schedule of the factory .

Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 5:39 pm : Sorry for that delay I was sick and still cant speak much .. I have received the confirmation that your unit should be finish this week and ready to ship from the manufacturer next tuesday . Let me know if we ship it immediately or if we have to delay the shipment .

For the refund form heres the following and correct me if im wrong :

Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 5:01 pm from Brian : We want to make sure that you actually doesnt loose any money . We just have to refund the 2 x8000 $ cdn and that will be fine ?

Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 6:36 pm : Yes, that should do it

Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 10:19 pm :I have sent the request to vortex headoffice 10 min after we spoke , I should get the authorization form by monday .

They have worked on the form thursday and they are not working during the week end .

I hope this is more clear and if you need further explanation I can contact you directly .

best regards ,
Ryan

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 09:54:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42