What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi or Beachcomer  (Read 10564 times)

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
Jacuzzi or Beachcomer
« on: June 12, 2004, 08:16:04 pm »
Can anyone give more insight on my final 2 choices ???. I have the cost of both to with in $100 of each other but I am having a hard time to decide which to go with. If  :-/ANYONE :-/ can give more insight on the two manufactures in the way of quilaty please let me know.

Thanx Eh!

;D :) ::) ;) :D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi or Beachcomer
« on: June 12, 2004, 08:16:04 pm »

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
Re: Jacuzzi or Beachcomer
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 08:55:34 pm »
From what I've learned both manufatureres are good choices.

Go with the one that wet tested better for you, if that doesn't/didn't sway you to one over the other, I'd say use the dealer as the deciding factor.
e

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 09:44:12 pm »
Thats the hard part. They both wet tested very similar.

Hard Choice to pick. :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 09:45:59 pm by kluzo »

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 10:16:17 pm »
Sorry I should have added this:
Jacuzzi J-365 for Around 11G's (Canadian)Including GST & PST. This also includes:
- Delivery
- Set Up & ABC's about chemicals
- $200 Chemical start up
- 4" Centre to 2" edge cover
- Hydrolic Lift Cover
- Stairs/Steps into the Hot Tub.

Good Deal  ???

OnMedic

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 10:18:27 pm »
I did a lot of homework and was glad when my local beachcomber dealer matched a clearance price from another dealer an hour away.

Second to the local dealer's support, I have been in contact with the Beachcomber Tech Support staff numerous times for line drawings and electrical specs for pad and deck preparations. Help was provided readily without hesitation.

First impressions on the dealer and tech support side have reflected that Beachcomber is a world class organization.

OnMedic
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 10:37:20 pm by OnMedic »

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 06:52:29 pm »
After stopping by the Beachcomber dealer again today and telling them my choice is thiers or a Jacuzzi the sales person simply said that I was compairing apples to oranges  ??? The sales person went on to say that the "Jacuzzi" is a low end version of the Sundance. Am I comparing apples to apples or not  ???

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 06:56:27 pm »
Oh ya, I am comparing the Jacuzzi J 365 to the Beachcomber 740.

I plan on purchasing in the next 8-10 Days so this is coming down to cruch time.

Rboehme

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 07:14:33 pm »
After stopping by the Beachcomber dealer again today and telling them my choice is thiers or a Jacuzzi the sales person simply said that I was compairing apples to oranges  ??? The sales person went on to say that the "Jacuzzi" is a low end version of the Sundance. Am I comparing apples to apples or not  ???

That statement from the dealer would have made my choice the jacuzzi. Negative sales tactics are a pet pieve of mine.

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 10:25:02 pm »
Decide with your head and not your heart!

Ya it was a lousy way of sales tactic but I have heard a lot of good things about Beachcomber but Jacuzzi is kinda new in Canada so I was hoping to get better feedback from anyone willing to do so. Are these 2 (J-365 & 740) apples to apples?

OnMedic

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 10:27:03 pm »
Klazo,

We also did like the Jacuzzi models, especially the styling of the molds. However, from what I understand, Jacuzzi is OEM by Sundance.

I would not take it as negative selling, but just pointing out the relationship between Sundance and Jacuzzi. Would you feel the sales rep was "negative selling" should he be warning you about a Golf Coast or Adventure, both of which have dismal track records?

OnMedic

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 10:37:35 pm »
I already knew that Sundance was Jacuzzi however it was how she made Jacuzzi sound like I was buying one from Home Depot or something like that. It was a negative statement to put down her competition. Did she mean it to sound like that? I would have to say Yes.

Canuck

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 12:50:13 am »
After several months of research and wet testing we have ordered the Jacuzzi J-385.  We loved everything about it and for us it just felt right.  

I would not worry too much about the posts from Wisoki.  He advised that the wet end of the pumps were made by water way.  We looked into it and are satisfied that this is not true.  Here is the response I received from Jacuzzi Premium regarding one of my inquiries.

"Dear Consumer,

Thank you for contacting Jacuzzi Premium.  The pumps made for Jacuzzi Premium and Sundance because we are a part of the same family are both made by Jacuzzi and are jacuzzi pumps.  They are not made by water way & that information is not correct.

Thank you"

People say different things for different reasons.  Regardless, we had narrowed the search down to Beachcomber, Hot Springs, Sundance, and Jacuzzi Premium, and we are very happy with our decision to go with Jacuzzi.

Both are great products so you will not go wrong with either.  I have been reading these posts for several months now and I have always found Steve's post to be accurate and informative.  If you can find a dealer like him that sells one of the top brands (that wet tested well for your needs), things should be good.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2004, 02:08:32 am »
I would not worry too much about the posts from Wisoki.  He advised that the wet end of the pumps were made by water way.  We looked into it and are satisfied that this is not true.

I have been around these forums for a couple of years and I have never seen Frank (Wisoki) post bad information or lie for any reason. I can't explain the letter you received from Jacuzzi but obviously someone is wrong somewhere.  ???

Thanks Canuck for your kind words. It's a compliment that means a great deal to me.

Steve

beachman

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2004, 06:36:09 pm »
I have wet tested both spas and found that they are both really good tubs. The Jacuzzi tub I found lacked water pressure in the jets, Beachcomber had more powerfull jet action.  As for comfort, both spas were really nice.  I ended up getting the beachcomber and have had it for over a year now.  I have had some problems with beachcomber though, the jets keep popping off and getting replaced and the cover started to bubble and still waiting for someone to take alook at it before they can replace it. So if I were you knowing what i know now, I would say get the Jacuzzi.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004, 07:00:41 pm »
So you're throwing in the towel on Beachcomber because a couple of jets came out and the cover blistered? ??? :-/

Both are warranty issues and can be fixed easily.

First off, Waterways (who makes the jets) went through a period of time where their jet bodies on some of their jets were undersized and weren't staying in place. Bring in any of those jets to your dealer and they will replace them with the new ones. This issue was resolved months ago and it's no questions asked. Not a big deal.

As for the cover, the supplier for the underside of our heat shields had a poor batch that delaminated. Again, a phone call to your dealer should rectify this and they will order you a new skin free of charge. Just unzip your cover and remove the foam inserts. Slide them into your new skin and taadaa, you have a new cover.

This issue is well known to Beachcomber and we alone have replaced over 20 skins. Some of these were out of the warranty time but we looked after those as well. If you're not getting any service from your dealer, contact Beachcomber at 1-800-663-6557 and let them know your troubles.

Nothing to freak out about as Beachcomber will look after this and it's an easy fix. Nothing in this world is perfect my friend and suggesting another product because of these 2 minor incidences is a little dramatic. Sheeesh.... ???

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004, 07:00:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42