What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2013 Hot Springs Vanguard for $2500 -- Can This Possibly Be Legit?  (Read 13351 times)

brillskill

Re: 2013 Hot Springs Vanguard for $2500 -- Can This Possibly Be Legit?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 12:47:00 pm »
paypal will not release the funds till its confirmed shipped..very little risk if you pay with paypal..however like momma says "if it sounds to good to be true...."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 12:47:00 pm »

dunecritter

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 12:49:56 pm »
Its a scam....I've seen scammers take my personal item pics and repost them as their own in the past (Craigs list)...It seems to always be tied to BS temp email to go through. All this scammer has to do is pull the funds and close the account linked to this transaction the second it funds...So the fraudulent seller gets his money and runs while your stuck fighting with Paypal...(If even this is the form of payment used) and wait for XXX months or whatever in hopes that they refund you.. No thanks...not worth the risk...Try to contact someone from ebay or paypal! Good luck with that. You'd pull every hair out of your head trying to deal with this because I'm sure there is no hot tub to sell. Just read the add...Its obvious.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 12:55:15 pm »
Its a scam....I've seen scammers take my personal item pics and repost them as their own in the past (Craigs list)...It seems to always be tied to BS temp email to go through. All this scammer has to do is pull the funds and close the account linked to this transaction the second it funds...So the fraudulent seller gets his money and runs while your stuck fighting with Paypal...(If even this is the form of payment used) and wait for XXX months or whatever in hopes that they refund you.. No thanks...not worth the risk...Try to contact someone from ebay or paypal! Good luck with that. You'd pull every hair out of your head trying to deal with this because I'm sure there is no hot tub to sell. Just read the add...Its obvious.

You are actually wrong on that one , paypal refund your money same day if the seller cant confirm he has ship the item , if the seller close his account then its done automaticly the same day aswell , ebay charge 10 % fee on each sell wich cover every purchase .

dunecritter

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 01:00:42 pm »
All the seller has to do is give a tracking # for a lolly pop shipment to confirm "Shipped"

brillskill

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 01:04:55 pm »
since he has zero feedback paypal will hold the funds a long time..i agree its probably not legit but the buyer would be totally protected

dunecritter

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 01:08:02 pm »
I agree with all posts...I'd just stay away...Did everyone see the other identical post for the tool box....C'mon...This guy isn't even creative.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 01:11:58 pm »
since he has zero feedback paypal will hold the funds a long time..i agree its probably not legit but the buyer would be totally protected

exactly , ebay and paypal is now one of the safest way to do business.. We had a shipment delayed last month and ebay didnt care about it they said that it was supposed to be delivered by that time and its not then they didnt ask for our permission and took the money directly in our bank account , if we would have given a ''fake'' proof of delivery just like Dune said they would of hold the funds for 7 days then send it back to the custumer directly . If he close his account , paypal pay back the custumer anyway so yeah if he purchas through ebay he is totally protected .

Isaac-1

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 01:42:07 pm »
Perhaps the risk from ebay is low these days, but why take the chance if you know the photos are fake?  That pretty much makes it a scam in some way, bait and switch, talk buyer into paying outside the system, who knows maybe even scouting for a robbery. 

lderochi

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 09:32:37 pm »
Thanks for all the feedback. I agree with most posters, it just doesn't feel right. I understand that using ebay is generally safe, and I've been happy with the handful of purchases and sales I've done. But those weren't for 2500 bucks. There is something odd about this one. FWIW I used to be on this forum way back before I bought my first hot tub 10 years ago, but have not been here very often since then. I apologize if the fact that I'm not a regular raised suspicions about my being a troll.

dunecritter

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 10:21:52 am »
Thanks for all the feedback. I agree with most posters, it just doesn't feel right. I understand that using ebay is generally safe, and I've been happy with the handful of purchases and sales I've done. But those weren't for 2500 bucks. There is something odd about this one. FWIW I used to be on this forum way back before I bought my first hot tub 10 years ago, but have not been here very often since then. I apologize if the fact that I'm not a regular raised suspicions about my being a troll.
I apologize if you had interpreted my posts stating that "the scam" was you as it was not what I meant...I meant the Ebay Poster/Seller. 

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 12:26:02 pm »
If you google the first image, it shows up on a number of German websites.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

DamSam

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 11:38:57 pm »
Scam!
I was interested him too because this would have been great! Then he told me free shipping from VA to NE and found that weird but…. Then it went back and forth a few times. All I asked was for him to call me each time I emailed him. Each time I got the same basic message. All I needed to do was send him full name and address then he would mail me an eBay package. So again I said call me and almost immediately got message back saying that he worked to much to call me. So I told him peace out!

lderochi

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 10:14:16 pm »
No, it was Ryan's post that I interpreted as being directed at me, but no big deal. I think this one has a fork in it. For me, when I saw the ad for the rolling tool chest, I was convinced. Same M.O. as for the spa, even down to the exact same language. And then DamSam put the nail in the coffin with his personal experience. Oh well, I'll be happy when I buy a spa without worrying about the seller.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 10:14:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42