What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Buyer in Nebraska wanting brand opinions  (Read 40320 times)

Ryan VSO

Re: New Buyer in Nebraska wanting brand opinions
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 04:42:19 pm »
I think this is a good description (Y)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 04:42:19 pm »

Isaac-1

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 05:39:59 pm »

Dealers don't get kickbacks, rebates or any other discount.  We all pretty much pay the same for which ever product we are selling.  The only difference is the shipping

If dealers are paying 80% of MSRP I don't see how anyone makes it in the business with relatively low sales volume and high overhead

Ryan VSO

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 06:04:29 pm »
Dealer usually make 35-40 % margin while online is between 10-20% ... Both have about the same amount of money at the end of the year .

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 06:41:39 pm »

Dealers don't get kickbacks, rebates or any other discount.  We all pretty much pay the same for which ever product we are selling.  The only difference is the shipping

If dealers are paying 80% of MSRP I don't see how anyone makes it in the businesus with relatively low sales volume and high overhead

Who said dealers pay 80% of msrp. The only manufacturer that I have dealt with that msrp are close to being what a consumer can expect to pay for a tub is marquis. A couple other manufacturers I have dealt with have absolutely crazy high msrp. The manufacturer usually sets those. Dealers might make 35-40 on the tub but consumers want free delivery, steps, start up chems, and cover lifters. We have to pay for those so that decreases the margins we as dealers make

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 06:43:38 pm »
Then you also have to figure in warranty expenses. Manufacturers don't reimburse much so it ends up costing me money every time I send someone out on a warranty call. Thankfully I carry marquis and Nordic so my in warranty expense is relatively low

Isaac-1

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 08:17:21 pm »
My point was, when I inquired with Arctic about their factory direct pricing due to living in an area with no dealer a couple of months ago, the response I received was a statement that I would be elegeable to buy at dealer price, followed by a quote with MSRP and my price on select models, the pricing varried a bit, but was around 80% of MSRP, I was offered an additional 3% off their "B" quality cosmetic blemish tubs, on an as available basis.  Hence my statement about suggesting that actual dealers might pay less than "dealer" price through some program such as rebates, etc.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 08:46:32 pm »
Oh gotcha, I'm guessing most arctic dealers prob sell at 80% or so off msrp if that was the case. I have no idea though. I haven't seen an arctic spa in awhile and the nearest dealer to me is 75 miles or so away so I have no idea what they sell for. A manufacturer has to protect there dealers because even though you don't live near one if arctic gave you x price and then you called a dealer and they gave you a much higher price then the dealer would be understandably upset.

DamSam

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 09:14:59 pm »
Ok… so I may have to change my tune. How does the Marquis e-545 rack and stack in the hot tub world? Opinions here? Over budget but exactly what I want. Even wet tested. Between 7 and 8k. Gonna sleep on it. Would like opinions compared to Artic or other reputable hubs with the same features. If I have to pay to get what I want then I want quality.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 09:29:03 pm »
Artic will be more expensive unless you go with the coyote range . If the marquis 545 retail between I would definately pass on it lol. Jacuzzi j-235 for les than 5500$ would be an option . You can ask Jacuzzi Jim how much he retail it for .

cheers

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 09:35:07 pm »
It's a great tub.  That tub has been by far my best seller of 2014 and was my 2nd best seller of 2013. It's a much better tub then the 200 series jacuzzi or the hot spot line. It's very well constructed and uses the same pumps as the signature line. What options come with it at that price?

DamSam

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2014, 12:30:45 am »
Artic will be more expensive unless you go with the coyote range . If the marquis 545 retail between I would definately pass on it lol. Jacuzzi j-235 for les than 5500$ would be an option . You can ask Jacuzzi Jim how much he retail it for .

cheers
I was quoted a little over $7K for and Artic Bear Essential line Midnight Sun with 30 jets and 2 pumps. One problem is it would be factory direct since we do not have a dealer here. Sight unseen...
I have not looked at Jacuzzi brand yet as I figured tem out of my range. I guess I should check them out.

DamSam

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2014, 12:59:46 am »
It's a great tub.  That tub has been by far my best seller of 2014 and was my 2nd best seller of 2013. It's a much better tub then the 200 series jacuzzi or the hot spot line. It's very well constructed and uses the same pumps as the signature line. What options come with it at that price?
Even though I maybe falling into the Hot Tub trap and having to re-access my budget a little. I still cannot justify that kind of money for a luxury item right now. I was told right around $7500 for me to order a 545. I do not think any other options were included in that price. The only way I was considering it was I really liked it! but I had to walk away and think on it. That is $2K more than the Hot Spot I have been looking at. Should I look into the Jacuzzi? Is there a place to look true and fair ratings. I am not looking for bells an whistles. I just want an energy efficient warm water tub with bubbles that is comfortable/35" deep (I'm tall) not going to break on me right away or the day after the warranty runs out. I am not difficult, just picky and I hate to let go of the money I work hard for. :-\

dunecritter

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2014, 04:49:13 am »
The Hot Spot tub is a solid and efficient tub backed by a true warranty from HS...my only reserve is it has no 24 hr circulation pump...I like circ pumps and was told one could be added. Not sure how it stacks up to the other tub you want but rest assure it's a good unit.

DamSam

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2014, 10:42:03 am »
I have been told (by other dealers of course) that the circulation pump was not a good good thing after all. That is the confusing stuff every dealer has something bad to say about the competition and it is hard to decipher which to believe. Like an unbiased pro vs con article. That is why I am here looking to see through the smoke and mirrors and clear up some of the fog.
Does any one know anything about lazy boy hot tubs? I know they seem over priced but is that their only down fall? Going looking again today.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2014, 11:41:25 am »
I wouldn't let having a circ pump or not having one sway me in my buying decision.  They work good but are usually the first thing that goes on a tub.  If you buy a tub with a shorter warranty I would always skip that.  Any reputable brand should be able to maintain water clarity with proper filtration with or without a circ pump.  What particular questions do you have about lazy boy?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2014, 11:41:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42