What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Phoenix Spas  (Read 4676 times)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Phoenix Spas
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:08:07 pm »
Hello, it's been years since my last visit, sounds like confession. I'm in need of specs for Phoenix Spa models. I sell tubs in ND and I'm totaling a Phoenix Spa that froze, for insurance I need to spec a replacement of like, and kind. The customer doesn't remember the model, and it's full of ice so counting jets is impossible. All 4 corners have speakers in them and are higher than the rest of the shell. Any information would be greatly appreciated.   

Hot Tub Forum

Phoenix Spas
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:08:07 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Phoenix Spas
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 07:39:20 pm »
  I have this car.   4 tires doesn't run, what do you think it's worth?   Sorry but really pretty vague post!!  Anymore info, age, mdl a picture would be help full?? 

Honestly kidding aside prolly not worth much,  100 bucks for good measure if that.   

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:46:22 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

spahappy

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 07:47:21 pm »
Don't know the model number, was hoping someone remembered it because of the raised 4 corners with speakers in them. I'll try and get a picture of the tub. Like I said it's full of ice so I can't see anything inside the shell and could not find a model number anywhere in the cabinet. Thanks for your reply good to see you're still on here Jim

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 07:58:16 pm »
  If it's full of ice, at this point it's really not worth much if anything, are they looking to buy a new spa or insurance money?    I get a lot of calls from people saying oh were gonna get a new spa just need to get the insurance to pay but we need to know what it is worth.   I then go through all this written paper work for the insurance company, only to have the customer pocket the cash and not buy anything..   I hope that is not the case for you, if it is price out a new spa with a trade in value that may make them feel they are getting something for their ice box..

Thanks for remembering me, could be a good thing I am still here,  I suppose!!      ;) 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 08:46:11 pm »
That used to happen to me all the time. I now charge a $199 fee to go out and propose a estimate for insurance companies. I don't do nearly as many but I sell about 80%-90% of the ones I do. I make the fee refundable if they purchase a new pool or hot tub. Either way I make a little something and don't feel like I'm wasting my time

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 09:39:13 pm »
Homeowner's insurance will cover a frozen spa?

Ryan VSO

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 09:39:26 pm »
good idea , I should do that aswell .

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 10:21:42 pm »
Homeowner's insurance will cover a frozen spa?

Usually if there is a reason it froze besides neglect. For instance last winter we had a nasty storm here where many people lost power for over a week. We had about 5-6 insurance estimates for that storm.

spahappy

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 11:55:59 pm »
I've  told the insurance company the cost to fix the tub exceeds it's value. They have agreed to replace with a comparable tub. I've been burned on these deals before as well. The problem I'm having is figuring out the Phoenix spas specs such as pump size, and jet count. The day I looked at it the temp was -13 and I didn't spend a lot of time there. It has two pumps, stereo, and I eyeballed it at about 88 X 88, with those odd raised corners with speakers in them. I guess I'll just pick a tub to compare it to. I can't remember when Phoenix went out of business, it's like they never existed as far as my Internet search went. Thanks for the replies, I always enjoyed the experience brought to the table by the many members here.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 06:13:56 am »
Phoenix Spas was a lower middle of the road manufacturer before, with models ranging in price from about 7-8 grand down to 3-4 grand. Their tubs were worth 4-5 grand down to 2-3 grand. Tubs depreciate so fast I can't imagine any insurance company giving you more than a few hundred to the purchase of a new one.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 10:33:47 am »
home owners will absolutely cover the spa if it was a nature event like losing power..i had a neighbor who had no power for 15 days during sandy.insurance covered the spa even the gasoline he used on his generator

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 10:33:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42