Original > Hot Tub Forum

Hello Everyone! I'm in the market for a Hot Tub!!!

(1/2) > >>

bareyb:
I'm ready to take the proverbial "plunge" and start Wet Testing some Spas. Our old Wildwater has finally died and it's time to upgrade. I'm considering Sundance (first choice, mainly due to the opinions on this site), Hot Springs, and Jacuzzi Premium. I have visually inspected all the brands above and think they all look pretty good. I guess the Wet Test is the biggie eh? We are loading up the car and getting ready to go do the deal.

Mainly just wanted to thank everyone here for all the good advice and your experiences. I have two Kids and they both love to "Tub". I also have an old back injury that gives me grief from time to time so a good "therapeutic spa" is really just what the Dr. ordered.

Questions:

1. What do you guys consider the BEST Spa in terms of overall quality and design?

2. Which Spa do you consider to be the BEST OVERALL VALUE?

3. Which Spa do you feel has the most Therapuetic Jets? Volume vs. Pressure etc.

empolgation:
That's easy... the tub i buy (or sell)  ;D

bareyb, there is no one correct answer to your questions - it's all way too subjective.  

1. It looks like you've already done your homework and have choosen 3 brands that could easily be the correct answer for you.

2. Again, it's in the homework, there is a lot of great info in this forum and others to help you get a grip on the advantages of features and fair price for particular tubs, armed with that you can correctly answer which one is best for you.

3. Your wet test will give you the correct answer for you.

You appear to be going about it the right way...
- do your homework and wet test and you will find the correct answer to your questions for you.

saz:
I agree with empolgation.....we made FAR too many decisions based on what we thought we wanted, and what we didn't before wet testing........all I can say is WET TEST, WET TEST, WET TEST...and then when you've done that, WET TEST some more!! You'll know when you find the hot tub that is right for you.
saz

ndabunka:
I own a Jacuzzi J370 and believe that it is a good value for the price. Great looks, name brand recognition, solid local support, agressive pricing (for features), nice features (Stereo, Ozone, good insulation, low running costs, decent jet pressure, etc). Having said all that I would still encorage you to try out the other major brands like Hot Springs, Caldera, Master, Marquis, Dimension One, Beachcomber, Bullfrog, Coleman as all these vendors have good products at competitive prices. Stay away from the "mom & pop Built here" kind of shops unless your budget is below $5K as the major brands offer good products above the $5K level. My best recommendation to you is to pick a price point. See what's out there at that price point. Determine if any of those products fit your needs and be prepared to raise the price point. You should be able to buy A TOP OF THE LINE hot tub from a MAJOR mfg for under $8,000 with most bells and whistles (TV's may be more $'s).

Spatech_tuo:
I very much agree with Bunka's advice except the stereo part. They are costly if you compare them to the same spa without the stereo and not very reliable regardless of the fact they're "marine grade".  I'm certainly not a fan of spas with TVs in them either and not because you're supposed to be escaping TV while in a spa but again, they are too costly and too unreliable.  

Now if you can get one with a microwave! ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version