Original > Hot Tub Forum

The covers keep falling off.

(1/2) > >>

doodoo:
You know those little socks that cover the intake to prevent among other things hair from being sucked in and drowning and keeping bigger particles out of the pumps.  Well they keep oon falling off. Can someone tell me if there is a better way or something to prevent them from floating about. personally I blame the kids. Whenin doubt line them up and interogate. but hey I also knocked one off over the weekend with my great hoofs.

bulmer4nc:
Our Sundance dealer told us that the chemicals do deteriorate the elastic that holds those things on and they do need to be replaced.  I can't remember how ofter she said that would be though.  Have they been coming off from day one or are they coming off easier now over time?  If you've owned your tub for a while you may just need to replace them.  Think she said they were something like $4 each.

Tubber:
I suggest zip ties to assist in keeping them on.

doodoo:

--- Quote ---Our Sundance dealer told us that the chemicals do deteriorate the elastic that holds those things on and they do need to be replaced.  I can't remember how ofter she said that would be though.  Have they been coming off from day one or are they coming off easier now over time?  If you've owned your tub for a while you may just need to replace them.  Think she said they were something like $4 each.
--- End quote ---

I know that they are pretty cheap item. My dealer sells them for $3.50. Yes they have been falling off since day 1. But not on their own, it is more when the feet slide over or something. There does not seem to be much required to knock them off. They are easy to put back on and one size fits all. I just wanted to know if this was a common occurence for other owners or if it was just me and my 9 and 6 year old.

tony:
Mine usually don't give much problem........except when I get 4-6 15 year old boys horsing around in the spa....and they can be tough on it.  I make it a point to purchase new socks yearly.  Zip ties...now that sounds interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version