What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Jetsetter J Deal?  (Read 7052 times)

Isaac-1

Used Jetsetter J Deal?
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:01:58 pm »
As you may know from my other message thread I am looking for a quality small spa primarily just for myself to use as my wife has a medical condition where she has to avoid getting over heated.  Well today I found a used Hot Springs Jetsetter J for sale at what I think is an attractive price.  Seller does not know much about its history, and it has been stored indoors on its side, age unknown, but it does look good in the photos that I have seen.  As far as features go it does have an Ozone system, and that is about all I know.   Jets appear to be white plastic type, it is a white / off-white tub with 3 tone teal SSS theme water line stripe and teal vinyl headrest (shows very slight discoloration on vinyl).

Now down to the questions, should I consider this one?

Does anyone know if the Jetsetter J is the same as the current Jetsetter, it looks close to the one on the hotsprings site controls are different though, siding is also wider planks than current model?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Used Jetsetter J Deal?
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:01:58 pm »

Isaac-1

Re: Used Jetsetter J Deal?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:04:48 pm »
p.s. I just found a dealer ad for a refurbished one that looks exactly like the one I am considering, it claims to be a 1999 model, and the asking price is 3 times higher

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 05:07:35 pm »
If the used one is free, it might be worth it. If they only want $100, I'd go with the dealer at $300. If you can't see it running and heating, RUN FOREST RUN!

If you tell us a serial number, we can tell you when it was made.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

kurt6137

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 11:56:50 pm »
I can strongly suggest , go one step up to the sovereign, I was looking at the jet setter too, but found it difficult to get out of and would have been disappointed with the lack of room, trust me on this. I have arthritis in my hip and having the extra room and being able to get in the tub and out is much better on the sovereign.

Isaac-1

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 03:18:32 am »
I have decided to take my chances with the Jetsetter J, upon more research it appears to be about a 2007 model, seller is going to meet me about half way, so only 100 miles to go to pick it up and none of it involves driving through major cities.  For about $1,000 I don't se how I can go wrong on this one.  Cosmetically the tub looks good, seller says it was working fine before being put into storage, it is the smaller Jetsetter J, not the current Jetsetter JJ, which concerns me a little, but as I said at this price I think it is worth the risk.

meriflower

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 12:43:47 pm »
Congrats on your new-to-you Jetsetter!   :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 12:43:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42