Original > Hot Tub Forum

Experiences with Soft Soak or other biguanides?

(1/1)

ABQBeth:
I've had hot tubs in the past and have always used either chlorine or bromide chemicals with no problems, other than it is very drying to my skin.  My dealer here sells Soft Soak.   It is certainly more expensive, but the water can be used on plants when the tub is drained.  Here in Albuquerque it is a real shame to put 350 gallons of water down the drain 2-3 times a year, if it could be used on the landscape.  Those of you who have tried this class of chemicals, what did you like or dislike about them?  Thanks.   8)

Chas:
More expensive, more 'goo' forms at the water line and on the filters, which makes you use far more water keeping them clean.

Odor free, gentle on skin, when it's right, it's very very nice. Doesn't 'bake' things like skin, suits, underside of cover, pillows etc.

tony:
Why wouldn't you water your plants with tub water that had been sanitized with chlorine?  Just let the levels get down to zero before draining.

wmccall:

--- Quote ---Why wouldn't you water your plants with tub water that had been sanitized with chlorine?  Just let the levels get down to zero before draining.
--- End quote ---

My grass is evidence that is safe, at least for grass.

Snuggles:
I've been watering my yard for years with old spa water and my grass looks great. I use Dichlor to sanitize, just follow what Tony said.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version