Original > Hot Tub Forum

Nuther question 4 dealers - delivery date

<< < (2/2)

spahappy:
At any given time we stock between 20 to 30 Spas.  At  certain times of the year we have more than that.
We know our best sellers and what seems to be the most popular color combo's(that changes from year to year)
We are always adding to our order down at Coleman, but if we're well stocked and they pick a spa in the color combo we don't have, it ocassionally can take up to 4 weeks to get here.
When that's the case it's hard to give an exact date as so many things can interfer in the shipping date. Because of our location we won't ship without at least 6 spas on the truck. When the customer is aware of the situation they are in the position to either take a different color and get it soon or wait patiently!
If we have the Spa it's a cake walk. We work with a great electrician and he'll usually get to our installs as soon as we need him.
Last week I sold a spa on tuesday at 3:00pm, ran over did the site inspection with the electricain at 5:30pm and the spa was in delivered by 10:00am the next day(I wish they all worked that way)
We don't stock as many spas at the end of the year so we don't have so many hold overs going into the next year.
I always prefer selling a spa from stock rather than from the floor. It's a lot of work moving the showroom around, and no matter how long the spa has been there the customer thinks it's been used hard and should get a smoking deal on it.  And of course..they do!

Mendocino101:
As Chas and others mentioned being out here on the west coast makes  turn around time much quicker.....while also allowing for a will call option...since many manufactures are located here local...Catalina...Hot Springs/Watkins....Sundance....Jacuzzi....D-1....Marquis...Cal Spas..La Spas among others...but shipping to the mid west....east cost can easily add a week or more...and also a dealer may have to wait for a driver to get a full load for the area they are in....As Stuart mentioned it is always best when a dealer does not over promise and keeps the customer aware of the time line for their delivery....

saz:
Just to add my 2 pennies into the mix ...I work in import/export for an electrical distributor in the UK, and I know that when we import from the states....taking into consideration customs at both ends, and sea freight shipping time, delivery for us is normally about 6-8 weeks. So, although not quite the same, I would imagine that if a dealer in the UK hasn't got a model in stock, or has to special order for you, you're probably looking at around the same kind of delivery time.
saz

wmccall:

--- Quote ---and no matter how long the spa has been there the customer thinks it's been used hard and should get a smoking deal on it.  And of course..they do!
--- End quote ---

Gopod information everyone. at times its great we have such a mix of buyers,owners,dealers here.  My dealer was pretty clear to me how long my model was on the floor and that it has never had water in it after it left the factory.  A few sat in it dry, but I considered it new.  There was one leak in the waterfall control when we hooked it up. The dealer said that was because salesman frequently took that control apart to show buyers how the spa worked.  He replaced the seal and it has been fine since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version