Original > Hot Tub Forum

Nuther question 4 dealers - delivery date

(1/2) > >>

wmccall:
Recent questions here got me to wondering. (I bought off the floor so it didn't apply to me. )  I know this isn't unique to spas, but it can be frustrating making a major purchase and not getting delivery for months.

What do you guys do to give a customer a delivery date? Do you call the factory for every order?  Or do you go by how long recent shipments take?  How often is the actual delivery more than a week longer that what you first quote?  Those of you who handle more than one brand, is one manufacturer better than others?  I imagine it also might be seasonal. And there are probably other factors I haven't considered.

I would guess that if people are torn between two similar models, they might pick the one that can be delivered faster.  Does that factor into your estimate?

empolgation:
Another consideration...
Do you wait to get several sales before requesting shipment?

wmccall:

--- Quote ---Another consideration...
Do you wait to get several sales before requesting shipment?
--- End quote ---

Great point, I could see where that would be a consideration.

stuart:
Many dealers back stock a couple of the top models to be able to delver faster but usually it is hard to stock everyone’s personal preference for color and options so they are ordered to the customers wants.

Most manufactures take 2 to 3 weeks to build a spa if they don't have it in stock and then the dealer is at the mercy of the shipping department to get them a truck. A good dealer often waits to actually take possession of the spa before scheduling delivery so as not to make promises on things out of their control and has quite a juggling act to keep everything flowing smoothly. Yes season can have a lot to do with this as the factory is more likely to have models built and in stock at slower times. Selling a floor model is not always the answer either as then your without that model to show and sell off of.

I do know dealers that carry small portable spas to set out temporary for the customers that need the spa immediately but this can become costly.

The best scenario is to keep the customer informed of timeline and don’t over promise. This works best with a good relationship between the customer and the salesperson so that everyone fully understands needs and abilities.

No dealer wants to draw the process out any longer than necessary, especially if they take a partial payment upfront and then have to wait until delivery for the balance.  

Here is a thought for you; Imagine working with several dealers on several brands for a living and having to choose between them for your personal spa!

Chas:
I have it pretty good in this regard: I am just a couple of hours' drive from the factory, and HotSpring can have tubs ready for me in 48 hours - with occasional glitches for out-of-stock parts or materials.

I don't usually go to the trouble of making a trip unless I have at least three to pick up, and I can't carry more than 9 on my truck and trailer - ten if they are all small - so I go just about every week.

My guys can deliver two per day, three if one of them is just a 'drop and run,' such as a construction site or similar.

I go to Vista just about every Thursday, since my truck driver hurt his shoulder and back, and won't be driving for a few more months. He loves it when I drive, because things get fixed on the truck much faster...

We occasionlly get backed up on delivery dates, and have to put off a delivery for a couple of weeks, but for us, the norm is: buy this weekend, soak next weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version