Brand Specific Forums > Bullfrog Spas

Bullfrog energy efficency

(1/4) > >>

TKSprinter:
Bullfrog literature claims to have superior energy efficency versus all other manufacturers. This includes almost twice the efficency versus Jacuzzi. Comments, and hopefully facts (comparisons) of efficencies are desired.

Mudheadsports:
We've seen that too......we are going to see one either tomorrow or Friday......will be interested to hear what other responses are.....good luck!!!!!

Ryan VSO:
You always have to be carefull with the manufacturer statement . Normally they do those test in a lab with no wind and a ambient  temperature of 7 - 20  degrees celcius . they should also say how many times they used the tub and for how long . Just budget 400 $ a year and you wont be dissapointed . It also depend where do you live . It also depend how much you are paying per kwh .

A 2011 jacuzzi 470 cost 650 $ / year , 7 cent per kwh , 4 times a week 30 minutes each , in a climate that temperature go below 0 celsius for 5 months / year .

im pretty sure that the same jacuzzi in california would cost 250/ year .

If bullfrog cost lets say 100 $ less per year to run  but cost 1500 $ more when you make your purchase then you need to keep it 15 years . Artic Spa always use this excuse for their high priced tubs

rosewoodsteel:
One of the more interesting and difficult things you encounter when deciding on a hot tub is trying to determine how much energy it uses.  I can't tell you how many websites I've visited in my search for a hot tub.   Invariably, each manufacturer not only said that their tubs were the best in the business, but each said that their tubs were the most efficient.    I’m sure Bullfrog makes a good, efficient tub.   I’m just as sure that there are other manufacturers that are good and efficient, as well. 

The Frog may be giving you a little Bull..

rosewoodsteel:

--- Quote from: Vortex Spas Canada on January 01, 2014, 09:24:43 pm --- Artic Spa always use this excuse for their high priced tubs

--- End quote ---

Vortex,
Why do you have to bash other manufacturers when the question was about Bullfrog?  I could mention one spa manufacturer claiming that their spas "adapt to their ambient environment", or some such rubbish....     
And, regarding your statement, I can assure that the price I just paid for my Artic is comparable to that of their legitimate competition. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version