What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Still shopping.......  (Read 65025 times)

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: Still shopping.......
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2014, 06:28:47 pm »
Its prooven that a perimeter insulation that actually heat air is a thousand time more effective than...

What?? can you show me the numbers on this?
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2014, 06:28:47 pm »

Ryan VSO

« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2014, 10:29:50 pm »
Its prooven that a perimeter insulation that actually heat air is a thousand time more effective than...

What?? can you show me the numbers on this?

?? what happen If you put a glass of cold water in a room set at 25 degrees ? Pm me and I will send you the whole document if you really need it .

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2014, 06:52:14 am »
I suppose your going to tell us a glass of hot water will freeze faster than a glass of cold water. And that's why they use hot water in ice machines? I've heard so many people say this.
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2014, 07:10:17 pm »
no.. I wasnt talking to you btw but thanks for your contribution .

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2014, 12:56:33 am »
 Perimeter vs full foam is a lot of marketing BS... I prefer full foam, always have always will!    Realistically most heat loss can be from a cover, heat wants to rise not go sideways..    perimeter insulation is usually backed up by motors heating the inside cabinet, where as full foam holds the heat in against/within the shell.  Any heat that does go sideways will only go so far through  a full foam spa.. 

Results vary across the board, in the big scheme of things, one way might cost you 5 or ten dollars a month.  The other will also cost you 5 or ten dollars a month, it's a cost you cannot ever find in an electric bill.  To many household variables in the mix.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2014, 04:35:19 pm »
Perimeter vs full foam is a lot of marketing BS... I prefer full foam, always have always will!    Realistically most heat loss can be from a cover, heat wants to rise not go sideways..    perimeter insulation is usually backed up by motors heating the inside cabinet, where as full foam holds the heat in against/within the shell.  Any heat that does go sideways will only go so far through  a full foam spa.. 

Results vary across the board, in the big scheme of things, one way might cost you 5 or ten dollars a month.  The other will also cost you 5 or ten dollars a month, it's a cost you cannot ever find in an electric bill.  To many household variables in the mix.

I guess its a matter of preference , most of the custumers like the noise reduction from the perimeter insulation and our technician prefeer to work in a hot tub that has perimeter insulation . It is true that for most of the custumer the price difference can be only 5 $ but the perimeter insulation become way more effective when the temperature goes below -7 degrees celsius  and can provide a 200 $ difference annually .

The problem with the perimeter insulation is that you cant be sure its done properly from manufacturer to another . Full foam insulation is simple to do ... some use open cell foam and some use closed cell foam wich is better .

Like I said its a matter of choice and I have tried both and will never go back to full foam .

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2014, 07:22:46 pm »
I guess its a matter of preference , most of the custumers like the noise reduction from the perimeter insulation and our technician prefeer to work in a hot tub that has perimeter insulation . It is true that for most of the custumer the price difference can be only 5 $ but the perimeter insulation become way more effective when the temperature goes below -7 degrees celsius  and can provide a 200 $ difference annually .

I agree with you VSC about the one sentence. That there is a preference for techs to work on non foamed tub leaks in the lines and at the jets. Equipment area is the same on both and 95 or more percent of my repairs are there.

The rest is bunk.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2014, 08:05:04 pm »
 I have yet to meet a tech including myself be it awhile now,  that likes to dig through foam to repair a spa....   ;)       

Ryan VSO

« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2014, 12:03:13 am »

I agree with you VSC about the one sentence. That there is a preference for techs to work on non foamed tub leaks in the lines and at the jets. Equipment area is the same on both and 95 or more percent of my repairs are there.

The rest is bunk.

So you are not agreeing that thermal insulation reduce the noise from the pump ? Where I live , we have 4 months of temperature below -7 degrees during the year and both insulation has been tested  by a wellknown spa pack manufacturer and it did show the huge difference when the temperature drop . The saving would not be significant if you  live in a hot climate thats for sure .

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2014, 01:11:36 am »
    Noise vs heat retention are two different things.   Thermal vs full foam, what's the difference in the "equipment area"  a psc of foam on the actual door/panel itself?    Both have their place it really is a no win situation.  Much like the Seahawks against the Donkeys! 

If you want to believe your equipment maker fine, but they really could care less about noise or insulation.  They want to sell you a pack, not a spa....

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2014, 06:13:30 am »

So you are not agreeing that thermal insulation reduce the noise from the pump ? Where I live , we have 4 months of temperature below -7 degrees during the year and both insulation has been tested  by a wellknown spa pack manufacturer and it did show the huge difference when the temperature drop . The saving would not be significant if you  live in a hot climate thats for sure .

I would rather believe my real world experience. There is no spa quieter than a Hot Spring and it is fully foamed. There is no spa more efficient that a Hot Spring again fully foamed. And I don't even put HS in my top 3. There is only one or two company's that do TP right and they still aren't as efficient. So your data is skewed. And I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the relatively mild temps you live in. Never got above 14 F in Northern Minnesota in January. Our average is -7C for a high and -17C for a low. Your well known spa pack manufacturer is also full of bunk.

We don't have to argue VSC, everyone here knows your trying to sell your tubs and I'm making sure the bullsh** level stays low.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:17:28 am by Tman122 »
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2014, 09:58:58 am »

I would rather believe my real world experience. There is no spa quieter than a Hot Spring and it is fully foamed. There is no spa more efficient that a Hot Spring again fully foamed. And I don't even put HS in my top 3. There is only one or two company's that do TP right and they still aren't as efficient. So your data is skewed. And I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the relatively mild temps you live in. Never got above 14 F in Northern Minnesota in January. Our average is -7C for a high and -17C for a low. Your well known spa pack manufacturer is also full of bunk.

We don't have to argue VSC, everyone here knows your trying to sell your tubs and I'm making sure the bullsh** level stays low.

Considering that your own experience is based on spa repairs limited to your area , I would stick to the report of that Spa controller manufacturer who sell their pack to manufacturers who does full foam and Tp . Thanks for sharing your knowledge .

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2014, 01:54:21 pm »
One of the reasons I decided on a Artic Spa, was for ease of maintenance.
I believe it is a well build piece of equipment and TP appealed to me much more than full foam- I have had my share of troubles with a full foam tub in the past and I didn't want to go down that street again.
That said, only time will tell if I made the right decision. If I didn't, I didn't.  I will share my experiences here, both good and bad, for everyone to see.
There are many great spa choices out there.  It's a shame that the one common denominator I've seen since I've been looking is how so many folks in this business bash the crap out of their competitors in order to land a sale.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2014, 02:50:09 pm »
One of the reasons I decided on a Artic Spa, was for ease of maintenance.
I believe it is a well build piece of equipment and TP appealed to me much more than full foam- I have had my share of troubles with a full foam tub in the past and I didn't want to go down that street again.
That said, only time will tell if I made the right decision. If I didn't, I didn't.  I will share my experiences here, both good and bad, for everyone to see.
There are many great spa choices out there.  It's a shame that the one common denominator I've seen since I've been looking is how so many folks in this business bash the crap out of their competitors in order to land a sale.

Im sure you will like it , the only thing that can be negative is that your water will get very hot during summer but all the positive aspect of the tp will make you forget that .

If I wanted Full foam on Vortex , I would just call the headoffice and have them change it but since I tried both I will never go back to full foam again .

Am I correct or you should receive your Artic this week ?

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2014, 05:35:05 pm »
I was just called today to let me know the tub has been completed.  It will be sent to Spokane. I was told they have a shipper that they entrust their hot rubs to, that will than ship it to the East Coast, where l live.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2014, 05:35:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42