What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: mosquitos and questions, help.  (Read 3484 times)

Chartreux

mosquitos and questions, help.
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:55:53 pm »
Doctor today gave me a prescription for a hot tub: RA, Sjogren's, Fibro, raynauds, bad cervical and lumbar spine, ect...
I have choices narrowed down to Sundance Capri or Altamar...Possibly Hot Springs JetSetter NXT (hubby does not like hot springs)
No wet tests yet
and the problem is Mosquitos (South Texas) are on ultra high mode and very aggressive, so I don't even know if we could try a wet tests,
1. What is a good time of year without mosquitos?  I certainly don't need anything else added into my list of ailments.
2. Also, are there going to be any 4th of July Military discounts? My Husband is retired military.

Sundance dealer had a Dover on the floor and hubby just fit, so we figure he'd fit the Capri a little better...
As for Hot Springs dealer here does not yet have NXT or a jet setter

Hot Tub Forum

mosquitos and questions, help.
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:55:53 pm »

Isaac-1

Re: mosquitos and questions, help.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:20:54 pm »
Have you considered a hot tub screened enclosure / cabana, not only would it keep the blood sucking vampires out, it would also help protect the hot tub from the elements and probably prolong its life.

Chartreux

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 06:15:02 pm »
oh, yes, will be in a screen enclosed room ..it's just getting out for the wet test at the dealer.   Mosquitos on the showroom floor.
They sure are aggressive this year!

Isaac-1

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 06:25:17 pm »
It is the same here in SW Louisiana

LoneStarJeffe

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 06:28:03 pm »
I live in the Houston area. We generally use our tub later at night. I have not found insects to be a problem. We wanted to use our tub before deciding whether or not to enclose it. I will say looking up at the night sky is pretty nice. You will get more bites. But I am just suggesting you might consider the view.

Cheers,

LoneStarJeffe

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 09:13:20 pm »
I was going to wet tests today and couldn't get outta the bathroom as I got sick to my stomach. So hubby went off to home depot and he made a small house repair.
I'm so disappointed I was so excited...and no it's not pms...darn it!

Mudheadsports

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 01:12:16 pm »
Get a thermocell lantern. They work great to keep Mosquitos away.  Just set it out about 10-15 minutes before venturing out....it clears them away!!!!!!  You can find them at most sporting goods stores, walmart, and cabbalas,,,,,,hope that helps!!!!

Chartreux

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 02:50:12 pm »
Thank you, MudHeadSports...Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 02:50:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42