Original > Hot Tub Forum

Water Beetle in Spa

(1/1)

t6texan:
While enjoying our spa the other knight I noticed a black speck whitch apeared to be floating around.  i caputured it with my hands. What apeared as floating trash turned out to be a live water beetle. My first thought was its alive with water temp set a 102 degrees. how long could it live in there at that temp? Anyone else ever have live water beetles or any bugs in there spa?

t6texan ???

spahappy:
This afternoon I was in my spa with the jets on low. A huge yellow jacket wasp floated by me(I think he winked at me)
Wasps are attracted to spas and pools but usually don't become a problem until late summer and fall. This one was early.

ZNICK:
It has a bad back, cut him some slack!   ;)

Z

stuart:
t6texan,
Years ago I was part of a Catalina dealership and we would find these odd little beetles in the wet and dry spas every morning when we came into the showroom. It turned out that they were a wood beetle from the Philippines that came in the Mahogany used on the cabinet. Never got rid of them completely until we changed brands.

t6texan:
Stuart  My Bengal does have redwood cabinet , however there is no signs of insets or bettles in it. I think theese bettles fly around then land in the water for a nice soaking swim lol.

T6texan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version