What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 9 months still no issues  (Read 44800 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: 9 months still no issues
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 05:18:47 am »
U actually didn't rip me for posting something??????

I think your to sensitive for differing opinions. But over the years I have seen more personality's like yours than you can imagine.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 05:18:47 am »

bimmerdog

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 10:26:18 pm »

I think your to sensitive for differing opinions. But over the years I have seen more personality's like yours than you can imagine.
He posted very simply that his tub was doing well after 9 months and some just can't handle that.  This should of been one post and done.  But some on here are to "SENSITIVE" as you put it to see some one enjoying a CHEAP tub. 

brillskill

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2013, 09:50:07 am »
yes i am very protective of my hot tub..lolol!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, 09:47:13 pm »

He posted very simply that his tub was doing well after 9 months and some just can't handle that.  This should of been one post and done.  But some on here are to "SENSITIVE" as you put it to see some one enjoying a CHEAP tub.

Problem is he doesn't come here to let other possible buyers know his spa is fine, he comes here to rub it in our faces.. Call it petty, call it BS but his main goal is to prove he is right..     I am glad his spa is treating him well, there may be a day when it's not, but I doubt we will hear about it after all this..     How many people do you see coming here to rave about their spa? Not many, nor do many come here seeking info on an internet spa's, he didn't like what we had to say which is our opinion and it ticked him off and he wants to prove us wrong..   

Good luck to the both of you, I am honestly done.  I can say if we met in person I am sure it would be a different conversation.   See you in a month or two.   

brillskill

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 11:42:47 pm »
Jim..I come simply to update my experience on a low cost spa ..so others thinking of buying in the price range can be somewhat informed..that's really it..looking back at my first post I said would try and update occasionally ..nothing more ..

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2013, 05:30:59 am »
Telling them that a cheap spa is still doing good after 9 months is not informing them of anything. It fricking better be still working after 9 months ya paid thousands for it. When you get to 3 years your starting to tell them nothing more than your cheap tub is still working after 3 years. Then when you get to 5 you can tell them you had good luck with YOUR cheap internet tub. But like hundreds of others you will be long gone. Prove me wrong please.

And besides we all told you the same thing. Buying a cheap tub like you did is an inexpensive option to a better built, higher quality more reliable, energy efficient, more expensive tub. You took this to mean we were against it and it was wrong. Almost pathetic how our experience means nothing. And 20-30 people are wrong yet you and your side kick are right.
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2013, 05:32:19 am »
Hey Bill, why exactly did you move this thread? Was it me? Just wondering what your thinking was.
Retired

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2013, 08:05:53 am »
And if he's a dealer for those cheap tubs, I would think a person would have to be pretty stupid to buy from someone with an attitude he has displayed on this site. His language, the way he has posted vulgar links to get back at some, has truly shown how irresponsible he really is. We'll never hear how much it actually costs him to run it and we'll never hear how much he had to deal with the repair parts, just because he is trying to push his below standard product. It's that most don't want that junk. He most likely feels supported in his comments due to his boyfriend coming to his defense every time he makes a post, if that is really another person at all. They might be one if the same. If I walked into a brick and mortar store, and hear the dealer or sales rep talk/act the way he's acted here, I'd turn around and walk right back out. brillskilless, you're no dealer. You're a peddler of junk! Your screen name should be Mr. Haney. I'm done with you, too. I have been coming back to this thread to see how much bs you've added since the last visit. If you want to be a successful salesman, clean up your act.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

brillskill

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2013, 09:06:31 am »
Spoiled I bought a calspa from a website!..I live in NY!..

brillskill

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2013, 09:59:07 am »

Geo spa

« on: March 18, 2013, 06:28:35 PM »

Modify

So after all my research I ended up buying a geo spa ge730b-w http://www.wayfair.com/Geo-Spas-6-Person-Square-Plug-and-Play-Spa-With-30-Jets-GE730B-W-CALS1003.html ..paid 3232.79 after finding a 10% off coupon code and I got 328.28 in money I can use for anything on wayfair.com..tub comes with 2 year warranty on parts and labor so I think I got a good value..before u guys go off on me,I know it's not a hot spring!..and I know it's curbside delivery..but I'll be the ginne pig and let ya know if its any good

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2013, 11:32:59 am »
Spoiled I bought a calspa from a website!..I live in NY!..

If money was no object, how do you feel Calspa ranks overall in your top ten hot tubs?  Or does it even make your top ten? You've done plenty of research and been around a while. Based on quality, longevity, energy efficiency and manufacturer customer support reputation. Where would you rank Calspa?

I just sold a 9 year old Calspa.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2013, 12:34:50 pm »
obviously money played an important role in my decision..my needs for a tub were just hot water and decent bubbles,my neighbor directly across the street has a grandee and i knew for me the price was overkill for me since i only wanted something to jump in quick after the gym and for my 2 young children to play in maybe after swimming in my pool..as far as cost to run,i will find out soon when i have to square up with my utility company,,but i suspect like 30 to 40 bucks more a month.my former 110 tub was around that much..as far as longevity,cant say only have it 9 months..as far as customer satisfaction with company,i am pleased when the tub first arrived the cover was defective (had a hole in the flap where the seems meet in the middle) calspa made me take a picture and than 2 weeks later sent me a new cover..all in all like ive said many times ..in this price range (thats if you can still get it for 3grand..its currently over 4grand) i think its a good value..gets hot jets feel good and maintaining has been a breeze

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2013, 03:51:50 pm »
So you don't want to answer. That's OK. I may have assumed you had more knowledge of the 100 or so brands on the market currently. But there are a lot of 3-4 grand choices that can make the water hot and bubbles. Remember I also am not a Hot Springs fan. I think they are overpriced and there are better options out there.

But I do know from experience that Calspa is not a top of the line brand. And if they made a value tub for any one of the online retailers that multiple manufactures sell to it will undoubtedly be only worth exactly what you paid for it. If a 6 grand tub lasts for 10-12 years and a 3 grand tub last's for anything more than 5-6 then it's a good value. But that's a long ways off for you. And I'm not sure you can make that determination at 9 months.

If you went to a dealer for a 3 grand tub it wouldn't be 6 grand it would be more like 3800 so you did save a little money by not using a dealer. But you also lost some warm and fuzzys that a lot of people don't mind paying for that can be useful in the first few years of ownership.

Retired

brillskill

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2013, 05:25:53 pm »
Well I think I got value in what I paid for it..I did research most of the tubs in this price range..couldn't find one with acrylic and 2 year parts and labor..but you are right what do I know?..that's why I always like to say IMO ..and btw I thought I did answer

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 06:42:00 pm »
I guess I was looking for how you think Cal rates in the grand skeem of things. If money was no concern what do you feel are the best manufacturers out there?

Did you look at Great Lakes or Viking? Proven value. Not sure if either is available online though. But they do have 3-4 grand tubs. I paid 4200 for my GL Ottawa which is now the GL6

Took the day off home all day. Got up to 5 degrees and I got a lot of snow moved around. Turned my wheeler into an ice block when I went out on the lake and hit the slush on top of the ice. Got 10 inches of ice 12 inches of slush and 2 feet of snow on the lake. Tough to get around out there.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:47:25 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 06:42:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42