What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 6 months  (Read 29102 times)

bob snader

Re: 6 months
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 08:06:15 am »
We get about 130-150 thousand miles out of our Fords and 200-230 out of our Chevrolet's. Jamar Company has 96 Chev's and 21 Fords.  We are now stuck with Fords. Chevrolet no longer makes a long box half ton ex-cab. Less capacity and less longevity is in our future.
Actually that's not really saying too much without mention of the repair bills. You can keep ANY vehicle going forever... just depends on how many times you're willing to fix it.

I've had GM trucks for years. Had to buy a mini van (uplander) the last time around for family reasons. What a piece of rubbish. The engineering on this thing is just too cheap to compare anything else to it. The intermediate steering shaft is always creaking. Doesn't matter how much grease and tlc you give it... it's made noise since day 1 and will continue to do so. The gas tank is long and narrow with little in the way of internal baffles so if you park on an incline facing forward it's entirely possible to run out of gas with a 1/4 tank still in it (which has happened to me more than once). The multi piece front torsion bar has worn out so many times now I've given up repairing it. It has been completely removed and I now run without one. The rear bumper skin is held on with plastic clips which can't be tightened so when it loosens up over time as things usually do, you have to live with the rattling. The rear axle bushings have been replaced twice now. The trany has been a problem, the ABS has been a problem... on and on.

A buddy bought a new 2010 traverse and this thing has been in/out of the repair shop more times than I can count. In fact they just replaced the entire engine a few weeks ago under warranty. The tech said it's certainly not the first they have had to do as of late. It's got to back tomorrow. Now the electronic tire monitor is screwed up. Sending a low warning light when the tires are fine.

I'll go back to trucks after this.... but sadly it won't be a GM. Lost too much faith.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 08:06:15 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 01:40:20 pm »
My last Chevy (3500) went well over 200,000 then burned a valve. I could have done a valve job and put her back on the road, but I just figured it was time. Also, I wanted a larger cab.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 07:10:13 pm »

My girlfriends Malibu hybrid which is a 4 cyl gas motor that uses the battery while stopped at stop lights to run the electronics and allow the motor to shut down then restarts it when the brake is released and assists during hwy speed. gets about 35 MPG but she has a lead foot. It had it's big battery replaced at 80G's but it is only 900 bucks. Which seems like a lot but on the other hand it hasn't had anything else done except at 90 it needed brakes. A headlight burned out this year and the bumper has to come off to replace it, did them both, boy that's dumb. It's at 110,000 now. My truck had the batteries and alt replaced at a little over 200g's and it still has the original exhaust. 3 sets of brakes, 4 sets of tires and 1 set of ball joints because I carry an 800 lb. plow with it. 3 fuel filters a year and one serpentine belt. For $35,000 in 2004 it owes me nothing and is still a daily driver. I don't think you can get any better than that. It currently books for 15-17g's. The same Ford is valued at 12-14gs. And the Duramax smokes the Powerstroke in all catagorys. Have to see if Fords new Powerstroke is any better. They build their own now. Isuzu still builds the best diesel in the world and as long as Chevy keeps using them I will stick with them. I did have a Toyota SR5 pickup with a 22R motor that made it to 180,000 before it gave up and became no longer cost effective to repair.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:56:20 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 11:37:08 pm »
The volt works a little different,it has an electric one speed motor that is either powered by the battery or a gas engine / generator...the first 40 or so miles are all battery than the gas generator takes over to power the electric motor.. So if you travel less than 40 miles it's pennies..than it get around 40mph city 50+ highway..

bimmerdog

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 11:40:34 pm »
WOW!!!!! brillskill I didn't know answering your question on how I was doing would open such a can of worms.  I had forgotten how some on this board get their undies in a wad over just about anything you or I say on here. 

Glad your tub is still working and you're happy.  I hope someone doesn't get upset that you're happy.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 06:54:32 am »
Who's undies are in a bunch? Are you taking your meds Bim?
Retired

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 08:03:44 am »
brim, you are pretty rude. You must not be a very happy guy. I made a general comment about the electric cars. You're comment was totally uncalled for.

I won't be comment on anything else you post. I'm blocking you if that's possible on this site. I don't see that ability on this one. Can someone tell me how to block people that have bad attitudes?

BTW, this is a Hot Tub forum, not a little electric car forum.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:11:34 am by Spoiledrotten »
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

brillskill

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 09:05:24 am »
No spoiledrotten you made a negative comment about electric cars ...for no apparent reason

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 09:31:35 am »
I drive a Jeep, an F-250 turbo, and a Mazda. If you say anything negative about any of those, I'm not going to get upset. It's your opinion. You don't need to show your butt on the forum about my opion of the "type" of car you drive. I'm not that PC. Now, go talk to your boy, obama, about it and everything will be ok. Chill dude. You're blood pressure is going to rise.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 11:01:22 am »
This thread needs to be placed elsewhere.. 

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 12:48:47 pm »
I totally agree, like a car/truck forum.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 12:58:26 pm »
spoiled rotten..u r just annoying..period!..the volt has an 8 year standard warranty on the battery..car was $42500 msrp..govt rebate of 7500,gm existing lease holder credit of 1000 and a 5000 credit to dump 2o13 models from gm..car was leased 3 years based off a 29230 price for 289 a month taxes rolled in..,just 120 bucks for registartion at signing....yea so the battery is an issue?...think before you speak!

$43,000 mspr and sell it for $25,000....were you buying a vehicle or a CalSpa?  8)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 05:50:47 pm »
spoiled rotten..u r just annoying..period!..the volt has an 8 year standard warranty on the battery..car was $42500 msrp..govt rebate of 7500,gm existing lease holder credit of 1000 and a 5000 credit to dump 2o13 models from gm..car was leased 3 years based off a 29230 price for 289 a month taxes rolled in..,just 120 bucks for registartion at signing....yea so the battery is an issue?...think before you speak!

$43,000 mspr and sell it for $25,000....were you buying a vehicle or a CalSpa?  8)

LOLOL
Retired

bimmerdog

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 08:23:06 pm »
I remember why I love this site so much.   

brillskill

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 11:03:24 pm »
I'm going to buy a hot spring tub at Msrp .,apply some monistat 7 and change my tampon..I will be one of them..I can no longer talk to you..you are just to happy & do not wish enough bad on others..I'll miss ya DOG:(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 11:03:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42