What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FL2 error Jacuzzi J-335  (Read 8462 times)

llindly67

FL2 error Jacuzzi J-335
« on: October 04, 2013, 09:18:52 am »
After changing the water and starting up my hot tub I get an FL2 error followed by erratic temp readings. I tried resetting the spa first. No fix.  Then I removed the circulation pump filter and flushed water through the fitting. Same result.

Can anyone tell me how to check the flow switch? I am tempted to replace it, but it looks to be about $70.

The hot tub has a flow switch # q-12ds-c2 which is clear. It looks like it possibly has a large pair of contacts inside. Can anyone verify this? They appear to remain closed at all times.

One other thing. One of the two therapy jets has no water flowing through on any setting. Could this be related?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:51:03 pm by llindly67 »

Hot Tub Forum

FL2 error Jacuzzi J-335
« on: October 04, 2013, 09:18:52 am »

razorback dave

Re: FL2 error Jacuzzi J-335
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 01:55:24 pm »
I just repaired my FL1 error  in my J-335 today by changing the circulation pump but from everything I read in my research, the FL2 error means that the flow control is bad.  Do more searches to verify, but I believe that the contact inside the flow control should be open when there is no power to it and closed when there is power and water is flowing.  If the contact is closed at all time, then water will not circulate.  I found alot of different information in my search for repairing my FL1 error, so a little research should get you all fixed up.  That flow control looks very easy to change and is alot cheaper than a new circulation pump.

Good luck..

razorback dave

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 02:02:58 pm »
As for the therapy jet, I'm not sure which one's you are referring to but I noticed that I didn't have flow to the jets on the louge back.  I messed around with it a little and ran one pump at a time and flipped all of the little gray jacuzzi buttons around the inner edge and then I twisted the large gray round knob just around the corner from the controls and when I turned it on those jets were working.  So I would suggest that you play around with those and see what you can get to work.  Be sure and only try to turn the large gray knob when the jets are off or it won't turn. 

llindly67

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 05:45:44 pm »
Thanks razorback dave
Here's a photo of the flow switch in my jacuzzi. Like I said earlier it appears to me that there is a pair of contacts which are always closed. Anyone please let me know if I'm way off base on this. I feel quite confident in my ability to replace the switch. I am not so confident in my ability to diagnose the problem.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 05:45:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42