What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-335 FL 1 Error Circulation Pump question  (Read 7496 times)

razorback dave

Jacuzzi J-335 FL 1 Error Circulation Pump question
« on: September 28, 2013, 06:13:39 pm »
I have read over several forums but I couldn't find one that showed the resolved issue about the FL 1 error. 

I have a 2009 J-335 Jacuzzi hot tub with FL 1 error.  I'm thinking that it's the circluation pump because there is no suction on the "screen" side of the two filter system.  There is also no water flowing through the flow switch when the pumps are running.  Is there a way to test to circulation pump with a multimeter?  I checked the voltage where the leads plug into the cirucuit board and its showing 220V but it's not running.  I also did the air lock test where I took a rag and turned the hose on and pumped water into the screen side filter and did get some air bubbles from the hole where hot water ususally comes out and then I got air bubble out of a tiny hole on the side right by where the filter goes.  I'm still getting the FL 1 error though even after that.

Anything else I can test or any way to know if it is the circulation pump?

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-335 FL 1 Error Circulation Pump question
« on: September 28, 2013, 06:13:39 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi J-335 FL 1 Error Circulation Pump question
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 06:42:05 pm »
 If you have 220v going to the pump and its not running 99.9% it's a bad pump.   6000-125 part number

razorback dave

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 03:01:59 pm »
I saw somewhere (maybe this forum or a different one), where a guy took his circ pump out, took it apart, cleaned it, regreased it, put it back together and it worked.  I'm not familiar with motors, but what would need to be greased and what kind of grease would one use to do such a thing?  I'm going to remove the pump today and thought I would see if I could get it working before ordering a new one tomorrow.

Thanks...

razorback dave

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 01:57:37 pm »
I bought a new circulation pump and installed it today and presto.. It works like a charm.  I'm glad I was able to repair it myself and save the labor charge since everyone I called kept giving me the same guys name.  I think he is the only hot tub repairman in the state.  Thanks for everyone's help...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 01:57:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42