What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spot Hot Tub Insulation  (Read 23089 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Hot Spot Hot Tub Insulation
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 06:53:52 pm »
More info please, Roger. Was it left with power off for a month, or buried in an ice storm that moved a glacier four miles wide, or was it sitting empty and some water dripped into it and froze... ??

Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't live in snow and/or ice, but I strongly doubt that either of the insulation techniques HotSpring employs would be better or worse in any given situation. That is, I think they are all good, and about equal. One thing to know for sure: the Limelight and Hot Spot tubs do NOT have full insulation surrounding the equipment area, as the HotSpring tubs do.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 06:53:52 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 06:27:10 pm »
Sounds like the power to their cabin got cut underground during a water main repair. One thing led to another and last February they showed up and the power had been out for 3 weeks. Needless to say I was there once to thaw and drain and now they have tried refilling and discovered leaks. Even though I told them it had likely suffered damage and would need some professional help. The insulation was very easy to remove and replace. I found 4 leaks and repaired them then replaced the insulation I bagged up. I used a shop vac to suck it out just like in the video. It was a lot quicker and easier than cutting foam with my hot knife. 2 leaks in equipment area and 2 in low piping. Easy Smeazy.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 06:27:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42