What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: E-Z Spa  (Read 4802 times)

jaw

• Golf - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
E-Z Spa
« on: June 18, 2004, 10:27:26 am »
Sounds like another too good to be true item.  But on the off chance it works as advertised - any comments.

I presently use dichlor, some shock, some spa perfect, N2 and Ozone, I seem to need to add baking soda almost weekly.  We have moderately hard water - nothing too good nor too bad.  I am in the DC suburbs.

Here is a blurb about this product:

How does E-Z Spa™ work?
In dry form, E-Z Spa™ is basically a consumer friendly compound. However, when it is exposed to water, there is a chemical reaction, which creates a very strong and sustaining oxidizer. Another component of E-Z Spa™ is a common dry acid that initially lowers pH with each dose to make the oxidizer more effective. Buffers automatically readjust the pH to maintain balance. E-Z Spa™ also contains a flocking agent. One of the major benefits that a spa owner receives when using this product is the water clarity and sparkle that is created by coagulating and removing unwanted debris quickly and efficiently. Additionally, E-Z Spa™ helps maintain total alkalinity, calcium hardness balance, and it inhibits obnoxious hardness scaling. E-Z Spa™ contains no metals or filter clogging polymers.

E-Z Spa™ was developed to be compatible with all spa filtration systems and spa types. No additional equipment is needed. It is compatible with ozonators, ionization units and catalytic sanitation devices. Outside of proper water balance, clean filtration and good circulation, there are no special requirements for introducing E-Z Spa™ into spa water. It instantly and completely dissolves in circulating spa water.

How is E-Z Spa™ different from other conventional water treatment?
As mentioned above, E-Z Spa™ is a multi-faceted chemical blend. It is designed to do the many jobs that usually require several chemicals and result in a good deal of anxiety for spa owners. It contains the World’s only sustaining oxidizer, non-bleaching, and working up to 7 days on a single dose. It is very consumer friendly! E-Z Spa™ generates a tremendous amount of oxygen with each dose, creating luxuriously soothing water unlike any other. The bather exits with skin feeling clean and soft, without obnoxious smells or residues.

What other products may be used with E-Z Spa™ ?
E-Z Spa™ is designed to be compatible with all other conventional spa products including balancers, clarifiers, enzyme products, bromine and chlorine, too! Simply use these products much less often and only as needed. E-Z Spa™ is also ozone compatible. Dosage is basically cut in half when combined with ozone.

What is the cost of E-Z Spa™ in relation to other products?
A 2 lb. container of E-Z Spa™ will last the user approximately 8 – 10 weeks depending on size and usage of spa. The average E-Z Spa™ user will spend about $5.00 a week, including sanitizer. With savings on balancers, foam reducers, clarifiers, and less sanitizer usage, this compares quite favorably with what the typical consumer is currently spending on other spa maintenance regimens, without the tremendous benefits.

Hot Tub Forum

E-Z Spa
« on: June 18, 2004, 10:27:26 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: E-Z Spa
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 10:33:50 am »
sounds like it's MPS with attitude.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

jaw

• Golf - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 11:23:42 am »
Certainly that is part of it.  But it seems to either state or at least infer, Ph balancing, Scum digestion, Water softening, polishing, and probably a few more things that I am too stooopid to figure out.

If it does indeed do all this stuff, I might consider trying it out, as I am trying to buy in bulk - at least 6 mos of stuff at a time.

I'd a tried Eco One but it is so highly praised by a strange person in CO I figure to stay away from it.

Spa Perfect - while works I don't like the foam it seems to create even if it seems to go away in a few days.

Anyone with experience using this stuff?

Starlight

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 03:43:49 pm »
I have never tried the product, and after reading that description, I have no intention of trying it.  It MAY work OK, but the product description was written by someone who lacks a basic understanding of chemistry.  For example, if everything dissolves "instantly", then the "dry acid" will be immediately neutralized by the "buffer".  All you'll get is a rapid increase in TDS.

It sounds like the old Ginsu knife commercials--"but wait, there's more!"  I'd pass on this product and use only what your water needs and in the minimum amounts possible.  

Starlight

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 04:17:24 pm »
It does appear that the blurb was written with the chemistry behind it "dumbed down" to reach a wide audience but it did mention that it "initially lowers pH" and "buffers automatically readjust the pH". As jaw said, overall sounds too good to be true and infers an awful lot.

My favorite line:
"Outside of proper water balance, clean filtration and good circulation, there are no special requirements for introducing E-Z Spa™ into spa water."
...and why do I want to introduce E-Z Spa ???

I'd first be interested in learing more about it, like... what's in that "multi-faceted chemical blend"?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 05:30:34 pm by empolgation »
e

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 05:21:34 pm »
My favorite line:
"Outside of proper water balance, clean filtration and good circulation, there are no special requirements for introducing E-Z Spa™ into spa water."

"Outside of the fact you need to hit an object coming at you 99 MPH and you don't know whether it will continue straight or curve, there are no special requirements for getting a hit off Randy Johnson!"

« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 05:26:31 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Rboehme

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 10:12:44 pm »
All of the products that I have tried that claim to do all of these things have not worked as advertised.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 10:12:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42