What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Stupid Storms  (Read 26812 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Stupid Storms
« on: February 25, 2005, 10:24:57 am »
Well, I have some bad news. The storms which have been pelting Southern Cal have taken something dear to me - relax, not a person, a thing.

The Santa Paula Airport, where I learned to fly years ago, and which I still fly out of now and then, has been attacked by the shifting of the Santa Clara river. You may have seen it on the news: it's only a few miles up the freeway from us, and I can't tell you how sad I am to see it close even for a time.

The airport is privately owned, publicly used. As such, they will have to come up with creative ways to get the funding to effect repairs. Also, if the river bed is not 'adjusted,' a monumental task, it could repeat this in the near future. Even if the next set of storms is minor, the river has moved in close to the airport and will keep knawing at it until the riverbed is moved or diverted.

And the water will be flowing for weeks as the huge reseviors upstream continue to release millions of gallons of water by the minute to get their levels back down to workable conditions.

:'( :'(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Stupid Storms
« on: February 25, 2005, 10:24:57 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Stupid Storms
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 10:33:44 am »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:17:19 am »
I'm so sorry, Chas!

I've had you guys in my thoughts again.  My boss was in LA last weekend and was griping about it raining from Friday evening until Monday morning, when he came back home!

:'( No golfing for him!  Boo hoo!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 01:43:40 pm »
"Santa Paula Tower to Beech99, Taxi to 23L, watch that little pothole on the ramp.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 02:44:46 pm »
FOR SALE: C172. 7524 TT, 1090 SMOH.
Slight water damage. You arrange for dismantling and shipping.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 11:04:56 am »
Well, the plane's not for sale after all. The taxpayers of America are going to help us out after all. Our local congress person has figured a way to get some help with disaster funds. It won't be enough to see to it that this never happens again - which would require a huge cement wall and permanent rerouting of the river along with ongoing cleanouts of the riverbed upstream - but it should get us all flying again.

Yipee !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 11:06:56 am »
Oh, and if any of you want to come visit and have a nice tour of the coast by air, please call ahead. We may not have a runway for a few months.

Other than that, the airport should be fine....

;)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 11:06:59 am »
Well, the plane's not for sale after all. The taxpayers of America are going to help us out after all. Our local congress person has figured a way to get some help with disaster funds. It won't be enough to see to it that this never happens again - which would require a huge cement wall and permanent rerouting of the river along with ongoing cleanouts of the riverbed upstream - but it should get us all flying again.

Yipee !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good for you!!!   ;D ;D ;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

jaw

• Golf - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 12:10:43 pm »
Funny....."and permanent rerouting of the river "

Never happens.

May last 1 year, or 10 or even 100, but bodies of water - the natural ones that is, do what they want to do, no matter what we humans try to accomplish.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 12:10:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42