What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new vs. used  (Read 3130 times)

horseshoe

new vs. used
« on: July 29, 2013, 04:31:19 pm »
Looking at a new tub that is delivered (haven't decide which) vs a used tub ('07) Vita Madrid U100 Ultra Series.

Hot Tub Forum

new vs. used
« on: July 29, 2013, 04:31:19 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: new vs. used
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 04:45:45 pm »
Congratulations.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 05:42:46 pm »
Looking at a new tub that is delivered (haven't decide which) vs a used tub ('07) Vita Madrid U100 Ultra Series.

A used spa is a crapshoot if you don't do some investigating. A used spa can be a very good deal, an ok deal or a very bad deal with you basically hauling away someone's junk on your dime. Don't even consider any used spa unless you can see it filled, up to temp, see that its dry around it, peek in the equipment compartment to see that it is dry and run everything to verify pumps, lights, etc work. Don't put any stock in any stories about how well it worked before they emptied it... the proof is in verifying its operation.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

kevy

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 09:04:27 am »
I agree, you gotta see it running. We just got our first tub in early June. We had been looking at new but other (meaning more necessary) home expenes crept up so we took to Kijii and found a 3.5 year old tub that was the same brand and model # that we wanted - Beachcomber 578 Hybrid.
For us it worked out very well as the dealer where the tub was purchased is very close to our home and the original owner maintained it according to the store's recommendations. We also have an inground pool and I deal with the same store. Anyhow, for us it worked out and I know I have support close by if needed, plus the info on the forum.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 09:04:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42