What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Install Marquis e435  (Read 11403 times)

Certified106

Hot Tub Install Marquis e435
« on: July 19, 2018, 10:20:52 pm »
Finally figured out how to embed pictures without using photobucket so I figured I would upload a few of my install two months ago. I started looking at tubs a while ago and no one within a 1.5 hour drive of my house actually has tubs that you can wet test which was a total bummer.

The only spa place around here sells Marquis and after doing a little bit of research I figured I would give them a try. I ended up getting the Marquis e435 which was a floor demo and by floor demo they sit them out on the floor without water in them for you to look at. After a few trips and LOTS of negotiating I ended up paying $5300 cash with a hydraulic lifter 3 months of chemicals and free delivery and setup. I have no idea if that's a good price so if it was terrible don't tell me and I will continue to be happy with my purchase, hey ignorance is bliss  ;D! Honestly what drew me to it was the size, the high seat and the captains chair. So far my wife and I have been happy with it and it seems to suit our needs for now.  I know it's not the fanciest tub it there but I wanted to make sure we would use it and that we really love

Once I bought it they agreed to hold it until I got a place setup to put it. I kicked around a ton of different options and we considered pouring a concrete pad and building gazebo over it or trellis but in the end we decided we wanted it as close to the house as possible so you don't have to traipse across the yard. I decided to cut out a section of our deck build a secondary deck and then wrap the other side of the deck around the tub. I ended up building the secondary deck heavy duty enough and much bigger than needed just in case I decide to get a bigger one in the future. Here is what we came up with. Took me two weeks of working on it off and on but in the end I'm happy its close to the house, like two steps out the back door!

Getting started

Drilling the post holes. Each one is a 4"x6" post, 16" in diameter, ~36"deep, and has 80# of concrete at the bottom I then set each post with another 80# of concrete around it. I double headered each row of posts.

Then I built the deck on top with 2x10 lumber set 12" on center

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:04:27 pm by Certified106 »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Install Marquis e435
« on: July 19, 2018, 10:20:52 pm »

Certified106

Re: Hot Tub Install Marquis e435
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 10:27:25 pm »
We then got the hot tub set in place and wrapped the deck around the tub. Once the lumber has dried well enough I am going to stain avery thing to match. I had to extend the right side of the deck out to meet the hot tub as the opening was to large. I made it so that if I get a bigger one it will take about 15 mintutes to open it back up.

On the left hand side of the tub I built a bench to sit towels and drinks on and it doubles as the deck extension for that side.

Filling it up

First night we used it!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:51:12 pm by Certified106 »

HT34

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 10:06:18 pm »
Looks really nice!  Congrats on selecting an awesome tub from an awesome company.  I have been researching hot tubs very heavily for about 4 months, and have decided on marquis.

I do have a question since your tub is identical to one we are looking at (celebrity broadway elite).  Can you really fit 4 or 5 adults in there?  Also, how tall are the people using yours?  We are waiting for our dealer to get a broadway elite and vector 84 in to test soon, but would like to hear your review on it.  Thanks!

Certified106

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 07:53:37 am »
Looks really nice!  Congrats on selecting an awesome tub from an awesome company.  I have been researching hot tubs very heavily for about 4 months, and have decided on marquis.

I do have a question since your tub is identical to one we are looking at (celebrity broadway elite).  Can you really fit 4 or 5 adults in there?  Also, how tall are the people using yours?  We are waiting for our dealer to get a broadway elite and vector 84 in to test soon, but would like to hear your review on it.  Thanks!

So, it is mainly just my wife, me, and occasionally my daughter that use it and we have no issues with space. That being said I don't think I would want more than 4 adults in it. Three feel fine to me and when you add the fourth you just have to realize at that point someone is touching feet lol and five I feel would just be to crowded. It's honestly not a sitting space issue it's more of a foot well space issue in my opinion.

HT34

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 11:37:44 am »
gotcha!  thanks for the reply.  that might work for us, but need a dry test first to make sure.  good luck with the tub, and enjoy!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 11:37:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42