What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artisan Island  (Read 2762 times)

goneaway

Artisan Island
« on: July 22, 2013, 03:11:33 am »
In the bottom of my Artisan Island is a 6" plastic gaurd pump inlet.
In the skimmer are two rather large filters.

I don't think there's enough water being drawn through the filters, and instead, the pump inlet in the lower part of the tub, is the one doing all the water input.
I know the filters are collecting debris, as i'm washing the dirt out regularly. However, if i look inside the skimmer for instance i can see debris, floating about.
I'd half expect to see this being drawn rapidly into the filter. ??

If i partly cover the guard with my hand, then water is rapidly drawn in to the filter, collecting the debris.

So i guess my question really. Should the plastic guard in the bottom, have some sort of filter mesh, to slightly restrict flow, or should it be free flowing.

I guess the filters could do with a change ?

Hot Tub Forum

Artisan Island
« on: July 22, 2013, 03:11:33 am »

Sam

Re: Artisan Island
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 01:13:28 pm »
There does not need to be any mesh over the auxiliary intake, though those grates will get dirty over time.  I take them off an clean them when I do a drain and refill if necessary. 

I have thought in the past that some sort of mesh over those would be nice.  Like a removable stocking type thing, kinda like pantyhose.  My concern was that it would restrict flow too much and cause a low flow error.  You should try it and let us know what happens  :D 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 03:51:39 pm »
Most times there will be a check valve in line from the suction in the spa, usually pump one (2spd pmp) then it splits off to one of the filters.    If the filter is old or very dirty more water will be sucked from the suction than the filter.   Pump 2 will usually have 2 suctions dedicated to it, so if you have 3 suctions one will go to pump 1 along with a filter. The other two will go to pump 2.  The other filter is usually dedicated to a circ pump solely. 

goneaway

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 10:16:09 am »
Mine only has a single pump.

However, i think i might need new filters.
I placed them over a garden chair leg last night and gave them a good blast with the jet washer.
This allowed them to rotate at high speed while the jet wash was washing them.
I guess the water, under pressure and the centrifugal effect did them a world of good, as i can now see them having some effect.
Time to invest a 2 new ones I think.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 10:16:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42