What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotspring Grandee filter cleaning  (Read 3913 times)

Grandee622

Hotspring Grandee filter cleaning
« on: July 22, 2013, 06:39:46 am »
First time spa owner here and I'm still trying to figure it all out. How often do those of you with the Hotspring/Grandee plastic filters clean them? I was told that I could put them in the dish washer. Any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Hotspring Grandee filter cleaning
« on: July 22, 2013, 06:39:46 am »

Spoiledrotten

Re: Hotspring Grandee filter cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 07:52:41 am »
I've only had my Envoy a little over a month. I cleaned them a week ago and used the filter cleaner, made for spa/pool filters. I washed them by hand, not trusting the dishwasher for those fairly expensive filters. I watched a couple of YouTube videos on washing spa filters and tried to follow their lead. I'll be interested in watching this thread.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

goneaway

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 08:52:10 am »
I'm still trying to determine which filters my tub has, so in the mean time, i hit them with the jet wash.
I was worried about wrecking them, but they stood up to the fan pattern, and loads of crud came out.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 10:20:00 am »
I'm going to make a cleaning wand for mine. I'll get a piece of PVC pipe that will fit into the center of the filters, cap one end, put a hose adapter on the other end and drill lots of holes in the PVC cylinder. Then, when I connect it to my water hose, it will back wash the filter to dislodge the particles. Then, I use a filter cleaner to get the remaining oils and debris from it. Still watching this thread, though.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Sam

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 01:08:23 pm »
I'm going to make a cleaning wand for mine. I'll get a piece of PVC pipe that will fit into the center of the filters, cap one end, put a hose adapter on the other end and drill lots of holes in the PVC cylinder. Then, when I connect it to my water hose, it will back wash the filter to dislodge the particles. Then, I use a filter cleaner to get the remaining oils and debris from it. Still watching this thread, though.

Sounds like a cool idea!  Please, let me know how it works.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »
i have never been big on the dishwasher option.  no heat and no rinse agents are 2 of the stipulations. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42